7: Lovely morning with Male wife

Edited by Relendria

Now it was time for the sleeping arrangements.

"Um, do you any extra sheets or anything?"

Liang Meng Yao nodded so Hong Jia Yi went to a box in the corner and took out clean bedding.

"Here," he said.

"Thank you."

Liang Meng Yao started to make a bed on the floor but Hong Jia Yi stopped him.

"No, you can sleep on the bed," Hong Jia Yi offered.

Liang Meng Yao was startled.

"But it's your bed," he protested.

"N-no, it's our bed," Hong Jia Yi said as his face flushed with shyness.

Liang Meng Yao blushed as well.

"N-no, you've done too much. I don't want to make you uncomfortable," Liang Meng Yao said.

"It's okay. We are going to live together so it's fine," Hong Jia Yi said.

Liang Meng Yao felt flustered. Hong Jia Yi was attractive to him. He wasn't manly and he wasn't girly either he was just a normal, average guy with an attractive face. To be honest, he was definitely Liang Meng Yao's type.

Liang Meng Yao didn't know that people like Hong Jia Yi were looked down upon for being too manly. Hong Jia Yi knew his strong body was considered unattractive but what else he could he do? He hadn't been able to get a spouse so he had been forced to take care of himself.

"But if I sleep on the bed, does that mean you're sleeping on it too?"

Hong Jia Yi nodded.

Liang Meng Yao didn't say anything more and both of them got on the bed, one on each end of the bed. Liang Meng Yao's heart was racing from nerves until he became exhausted enough to sleep.

The next day Hong Jia Yi got up early in the morning and saw Liang Meng Yao sleeping soundly at the edge of the bed.

Hong Jia Yi took out two chewsticks and used one to clean his teeth then prepared a breakfast of rice porridge with the few ingredients he had. Hong Jia Yi put a bowl with water on the tray then put the chewstick and a cloth.

Hong Jia Yi walked into the room to see Liang Meng Yao ready to get up. It was a good thing he didn't have to wake him.

Liang Meng Yao yawned and stretched a bit as Hong Jia Yi placed the tray in front of him while he was sitting in bed. He realized that despite being very poor, Hong Jia Yi treated him well without ulterior motives.

Fa Enlai had treated him well too. In fact, Enlai seemed to be making advances towards him but they didn't work. Fa Enlai was too feminine to be Liang Meng Yao's type.

He didn't like the weak, girly, types of males nor was he into the macho type. His type was a more ordinary type like Hong Jia Yi.

"Thank you very much," Liang Meng Yao smiled.

"After you finish, I'll bring breakfast - then we will go to the forest," Hong Jia Yi said.

Liang Meng Yao nodded his agreement. It was it great to be married to this person.

Liang Meng Yao looked at his reflection in the ripples in the bowl. He was handsome, with the silver hair that highlighted his brown Phoenix eyes and the beauty mole under his right eye.

Liang Meng Yao took up the chewstick and put it inside his mouth. It was not pleasant at all but what can anyone expect from brushing their teeth with a stick? It was refreshing though.

After he finished washing his face and brushing his teeth, Liang Meng Yao felt refreshed. His wife brought in his breakfast.

Liang Meng Yao's face darkened. He forgot for a second that he was once again dirt poor. To think he had once given away businesses and lived life as a kind, normal, college student! Now there was nothing left and he had nothing to give his male wife.

My how the tables have turned.

Hong Jia Yi thought that Liang Meng Yao was a really nice person. He hadn't made a single complaint about their lifestyle even though it's very disappointing. Hong Jia Yi decided he will work harder to build a proper life for his husband.

But the only thing that was going through Liang Meng Yao's mind was how to improve their lifestyle.

To think he moved from a flushed toilet to a bucket, from electric toothbrush to a stick, from healthy, balanced meals to rice and water.

This was too pitiful - too shameful! When one moves out of poverty, they try their best to not go back but he married into it... What had he done?