36: Ruined the engagement Liang MengYao the influencer

Edited by Relendria

___________________________________________

Liang Meng Yao sat on a large rock looking very depressed. It had already been four days and they still haven't found the donkey. The she-men helping him looked at him with concern.

"Liang Meng Yao, is something the matter?"

"It's already been four days! If I don't find my donkey, then I won't be able to sell my products and if I can't sell my products, I won't be able to take care of my wife." Meng Yao looked like he might burst into tears and heaved a heavy sigh. "I'm such a useless husband," he said mournfully.

The she-men felt bitter towards the person who stole the donkey. Seeing such a handsome face frowning like this felt like a curse. They scolded the thief in their hearts.

"Ah, don't worry Liang Meng Yao. I'm sure your wife will understand. If he doesn't, he would be a fool," Han Ge Ming said consolingly as he rubbed Meng Yao's shoulder.

Liang Meng Yao frowned and brushed Ge Ming's hand away.

"My wife is out in the hot sun searching for the donkey, struggling with heat and exhaustion, and you call him fool? Not to mention that I am a married man; how can you touch me so intimately?" Meng Yao scolded Ge Ming with cold eyes.

Han Ge Ming was taken aback at Meng Yao's harsh words. The other she-men were now disliking Han Ge Ming more and more as Meng Yao's accurate rebuke made them realize Ge Ming's habit of inappropriate behavior. During the entire four days of searching Ge Ming had been forcing himself on to Liang Meng Yao, sticking by his side and touching him at every opportunity. Every one of the she-men liked Meng Yao but none of them would make a move on him. For his part, Meng Yao kept his distance from them, staying faithful to his wife. When they couldn't help but feel frustrated during the fruitless search, Meng Yao would joke and cheer them up. Even though he was a charming man, he never flirted with them and even gave them advice on how to woo their husbands for a more harmonious marriage.

Even though these she-men had a crush on Liang Meng Yao, they respected him as a good husband and merely liked him from a respectful distance. While they were envious of Hong Jia Yi, they also called him a lucky star for getting a good husband. To put it simply, Liang Meng Yao and Hong Jia Yi were now considered a wonderful couple. Their devotion to each other was what these she-men wanted with their own husbands and they were feeling angry towards Han Ge Ming as Ge Ming's efforts to break the happy couple apart became more and more obvious.

"Yaoyao," Hong Jia Yi yelled from a distance.

"Jiajia, be careful," Meng Yao called back with tender concern in his voice.

Hong Jia Yi nodded but kept hurrying until he reached them.

"I was just told that Han Li Wei suddenly got a donkey four days ago," he said, a little breathless from hurrying.

"Really? Let's go check!"

Liang Meng Yao immediately started dashing off to the village chief's home and the people who had been helping him followed. They all wanted to see exactly what would happen next. When the crowd arrived at the village chief's home, the village chief and his second son were outside talking to a couple of other men in the rich robes of nobels.

Liang Meng Yao spotted the donkey in the chief's yard. He grinned widely and ran to the donkey to hug it joyfully.

"Shi! My good boy - you're here!" he exclaimed loudly. "Ahh?! You've lost so much weight!" His face fell into a mask of distress.

"What is this madman doing here?! Get away!" the village chief yelled in anger.

"So you're the thief who stole my donkey in the night?!?" Meng Yao accused. "You, a respected old man, would steal from your own people?!?" Liang Meng Yao looked at the chief with outrage.

"What are you talking about?!" the chief demanded.

"I'm talking about you stealing my donkey, of course," Liang Meng Yao replied with righteous anger.

"Mister, do you have proof of such claims against this man?" asked a pretty man with crimson lips. He was one of the nobels.

"Yeah, I don't see your name on it," Han Li Wei sneered.

"Oh, but it is!"

Liang Meng Yao gestured for the people to come closer and pointed to a tiny scar of L.M. on the donkey's thigh. The she-male was instantly infuriated and slapped Han Li Wei. He fell to the ground, holding his face in shock and in pain.

"You dare steal and want to give your ill-gotten gains to me?!?"

"Wait! Wait my love!"

"Fu! Break his legs," the she-man ordered fiercely.

'The she-man is quite fiesty and pretty,' thought many of the spectators.

"Ah, young master have mercy on the village chief's son," Han Ge Ming said softly, trying to recapture his image of being gentle and kind.

The she-man looked at him with disgust in his eyes.

"You dare to defend a thief?"

"N-no but he will be the future village chief so it's better to spare him"

"Han Ge Ming, you're not very smart are you?" Liang Meng Yao leaned on his donkey, completely relaxed.

"What do you mean?" Ge Ming huffed back angrily.

"How could you possibly not know? I'm new here and watching you defend Han Li Wei makes me wonder if you are possibly in a relationship with him?" Liang Meng Yao grinned cheerfully as he threw that speculation out in front of everyone.

Han Ge Ming's face flushed and the she-man noticed it. His eyes narrowed as he realized Meng Yao had caught his future husband cheating. He took the whip from his hip and whipped Ge Ming in the face.

"Slut and scumbag what a perfect match," the villagers whispered to each other.