6: The male wife is too poor

Edited by Relendria

Liang Meng Yao and Hong Jia Yi walked home in silence.

After reaching up the far end of the hill, Liang Meng Yao's only thought was how much further his house was away from the others. Wasn't he a bit isolated? But Liang Meng Yao didn't mind. It was best to be away from these people anyway.

Liang Meng Yao observed the house and thought it was in a bit of a bad state but then again it could be fixed with a little effort.

Hong Jia Yi saw how Liang Meng Yao was observing his home and thought he must be dissatisfied with how shabby it was. But he is poor; what can he do?

They both entered and Liang Meng Yao felt all the more guilty when he saw how nice this person was.

"I'll prepare water for you to bathe. I've got extra clothes," Hong Jia Yi said.

"Thank you very much. I'm sorry I'm such a bother," he said scratching the back of his neck with a bit of guilt.

Hong Jia Yi didn't mind at all. Marrying him meant he'd have company around the house. He had no one but himself to talk to because the villagers were all hostile towards him. Even if it might be harder to make ends meet, Hong Jia Yi didn't mind. Now he has a rather handsome husband.

"By the way I didn't catch your name?" Liang Meng Yao asked.

"It's Hong Jia Yi," he answered.

"I'm Liang Meng Yao." He smiled with pleasure.

Hong Jia Yi was one who often had a cold expression. The bullying by the villagers frequently angered him, which will made it easy to misunderstand him as a cold person, but Liang Meng Yao didn't get that feeling with him.

"I'll go prepare the bath," he said.

"Okay."

Liang Meng Yao was nervous. He wasn't sure what was right to do because he was in another world. He doesn't know the rules about what's right and what's wrong.

"The bath is ready"

"Thank you"

Hong Jia Yi nodded then guided him to the room where a wooden tub was.

"Um....where's the bathroom?" he asked nervously.

"I don't have one."

"W-what ...t-hen where do you poop?" He was appalled.

Now that he thought about it, he hasn't pooped in 3 days. He hasn't bathed either. He guessed that they wiped him down when the they found him.

He can pee outside in a corner but where do is he supposed to poop?

Hong Jia Yi went put for a bit then brought in a bucket. Liang Meng Yao's face warmed as he stared at the bucket. Now he knows what his first project will be!  He'll build a toilet. Not a flush toilet, of course, since this village doesn't have a sewage system, but an outhouse will suffice to start.

"Ah... right..."

For right now, however, it's the bucket.

Liang Meng Yao turned around, feeling dejected, and began to remove his clothes. Hong Jia Yi was startled at first and quickly left.

Hong Jia Yi was finally married. He was happy. Usually a she-man married around the age of 15 since they are considered adults then but Hong Jia Yi was already 20 and still single until today.

He was a bit taller and more muscular than ordinary she-men but it wasn't that obvious. Since he had been forced to take of himself it couldn't be helped for him to develop more muscle. It didn't matter anymore, though, because now he had company at home he was happy.

Liang Meng Yao quickly realized that another thing that didn't exist in this place was soap. So much to do, so much to do...

Liang Meng Yao was already thinking of many ways to improve this home. After the unsatisfactory bath he changed into the clothes Hong Jia Yi had given him.

Liang Meng Yao was now hungry but soon Hong Jia Yi came in with some food. It was plain rice and some water. This was a different level of poverty.

"Thank you," he said with sincere gratitude.

"I'm sorry, but I can't afford much food right now. I can only get by on rice and sugar," he said dejectedly.

Why was he explaining? He was an intruder in Hong Jia Yi's life. Liang Meng Yao smiled at him.

"I don't mind."

Hong Jia Yi was surprised by how kindly Liang Meng Yao reacted to this poor meal.

"Is there a forest around?" he asked

"Huh? Yes, not too for away from here but it's dangerous," Hong Jia Yi warned him.

"Then can you accompany me there, please?" he requested.

In the ancient forest there would be a lot of wild animals and things naturally would grow there - so there had to be some edible things.

There was no way in hell Liang Meng Yao, who once gave away businesses on a whim, would live in poverty...