30: He will pay the dowry through the villagers Ofcourse

Edited by Relendria

Once wasn't enough for Meng Yao but after a few more long rounds he finally dropped on the bed next to Jia Yi. He wasn't tired but felt that he was completely satisfied for the first time in his life.

He hugged Jia Yi within his embrace feeling very satisfied with married life. Jia Yi was very tired and fell asleep almost instantly.

The next day, for the first time since marrying, Meng Yao woke before Jia Yi. He tenderly looked at his exhausted wife sleeping face. Jia Yi was not pretty but Meng Yao didn't want him to be pretty. Pretty is a word used to describe girls. Jia Yi was handsome and Meng Yao loved that fact. Meng Yao kissed Jia Yi and got up. After a good stretch he got water and took a morning bath to refresh himself before making pancakes with blueberry syrup.

"Good morning, Mr. Liang!"

The men had arrived. Meng Yao quickly went out to the yard and gestured at them to be quiet.

"Is something the matter?" Wen Shen asked curiously.

"No, it's just that Jiajia is a little tired and needs some rest," Meng Yao replied with a satisfied smirk.

All of them blushed as they realized the most likely reason why Jia Yi would be tired. After all, Jia Yi didn't do much work yesterday and was fit as a fiddle, possessing strong stamina. The Wen brothers wondered what kind of stamina does this foreign brother possessed.

They all followed him around the back to the toilet. The roof was almost finished so Meng Yao, with his great creativity, started to make a cross bow. Meng Yao felt he really couldn't thank his father enough. Growing up his father made him watch as he made all sorts of things that would be deemed useless in modern times. He made him study blueprints and watch documentaries about many ancient tools and primitive devices. Then he made Meng Yao build them himself. His father also made him study other things, like how to build a pit toilet or use an ancient stove.

As a child he had hated it but for his father he had watched, studied, and practiced all those things. Even after his father passed away, he had continued keep up with those studies, even though he very little spare time and he didn't see a reason for it. He quickly finished up the crossbow then started to make another.

"You are very good with your hands," Wen Shan noted.

"Oh really?" Meng Yao asked jokingly.

"Yeah, were you a craftsman at your home?" Wen Shen wanted to know.

"It was one of my many... jobs," Meng Yao answered.

Jia Yi finally was able to pry open his tired eyes. He looked around, quickly realizing he was alone in the bed, and then stood. Although his back hurts and his lower part stings, Jia Yi knows he can bear with the pain. However, sitting down would prove rather difficult...

His body felt sticky and itchy so he went to fill the bath and bathe. To his surprise the tub had already been filled. After he freshened up, he went to the kitchen and saw the pancakes with blueberry syrup. When he finished eating he re-warmed the milk then went outside where everyone was.

Meng Yao stood up and looked at him as he arrived. Jia Yi still looked tired and Meng Yao felt a little guilty as he noticed Jia Yi's slightly stiffer walk.

"Jiajia, why don't you rest?" he suggested with a tender smile.

"I'm fine," Jia Yi assured him.

He went to sit, trying to ignore the tenderness in his behind. The pain was bearable and he didn't want to worry Meng Yao. The two other wives left their children to play and came over to Jia Yi with smiling faces.

"Morning, Hong Jia Yi!"

"Morning," Jia Yi smiled back at his friends.

Soon the wives were chatting companionably.

"Did you know, Hong Jia Yi, that the bastard is now betrothed to a noble?" Bo Yang asked with a combination of anger, pity for the poor fiancée, and pleasure in having some juicy gossip.

"To a noble?"

"Yes, the brother who is an official set up a marriage between a young she-man from town to marry his brother," Bo yang explained.

"But the thing is, can he afford the bride price? After all, this she-man is a noble and he is just a mere village chief's son," Xin Yi observed.

Jia Yi had a good guess how they planned to gather the bride price - through the suffering of the village! They should probably prepare for trouble soon. Jia Yi looked over his husband who was immersed in his work. The man was really dedicated and didn't chatter like the two other men. Jia Yi likes this side of Meng Yao, of course. After all, who doesn't like a hard-working husband?

Jia Yi sighed internally, hoping his husband wasn't going to suffer at the hands of the village chief.