34: A Recipe no one will forget

Edited by Relendria

Today Meng Yao just went in the house angrily, not even saying hello to Ge Ming. Why was this she-man here to take his good times away 'ba?'.

Meng Yao had finished making the jam, the house was in great shape, the toilet was built, and even the bathroom had been added to the house. He had been thinking that he could spend some time with his wife and enjoy their time together while slowly preparing to go to Capital, but that pest kept disturbing their peaceful home.

Of course, he was upset. Worse, he knew Jia Yi knew he was upset, but Jia Yi kept letting that annoyance come and cause a commotion. While he was fuming in the house...

Jia Yi pretended to be concerned for Ge Ming.

"Han Ge Ming, my husband doesn't want visitors today," Jia Yi told him, infusing a little sorrow into his expression.

"Really? But I thought we were getting along well," Ge Ming answered with his signature fake smile.

"Yes, but he is having a tantrum today so it's not a good time for visitors," Jia Yi explained softly.

Ge Ming was happy, thinking this was it! The man had pretended to be indifferent around the others but in reality, he desired Ge Ming on the inside. His desire could only frustrate him so he's now taking it out on his wife.

[Author Noona: now tell me how heck did you come up with that idea you should really get a psychiatric evaluation.]

Jia Yi caught the greediness in Ge Ming's eyes and smiled internally. 'Hook, line and sinker!' he thought gleefully. He almost felt like he was wagging a tail with joy.

"Maybe I can do something to help," Ge Ming suggested with the pretense of concern for Jia Yi.

Jia Yi put on an uneasy expression.

"No, maybe some other time," he demurred weakly.

'Trying to keep me away, eh? Foolish!'

"But I'm really good at cheering people up," Ge Ming pushed in his sweetest voice.

'Bullshit! What about Hong Zhu? Did you cheer him up, ba? Did you give him any hope, ba? Why did he die like that, ba?'

"I really shouldn't," Jia Yi protested uncertainly.

They both looked down the road to see a group of people heading this way. Hong Jia Yi's frowned visibly when he realized it was Han Li Wei, the village chief's second son. He had brought what seemed like half the village with him.

"Han Ge Ming, what are you doing here?!" the man yelled as he approached.

"I'm just visiting my good friend, Hong Jia Yi," Ge Ming replied with a gentle smile.

Li Wei looked at Jia Yi and smirked.

"I heard you were forced to marry, ugly thing, now where is my tax? I want it," he spit out derisively.

"Tax? What tax? It's not the end of the year and the officials aren't here," Jia Yi replied firmly.

"Officials? What official? I'm the official! Now pay me or my brother will hear of this!" Li Wei threatened.

"B-but Han Li Wei, how can you tax him without his husband?" Ge Ming asked, feigning shyness. Jia Yi couldn't keep him from seeing Meng Yao!

"Ah, right... You are married now. Call out your husband. He needs to pay me his taxes."

"I won't call him. You people are disturbing our home."

"Rebellious! I won't tell you again - bring out your husband!"

*SPLASH!*

Everyone was shocked. While they had been arguing a handsome man with a bucket in his hand and the eyes of a killer had approached and doused the people in front with liquid. They backed off some because Meng Yao's expression was saying: 'I'm not in the mood for bullshit so it's either you fuck off or I beat the shit out of you.'

Han Ge Ming smelled a horrible odor coming from his drenched clothes and asked, "What is this?"

Meng Yao tapped the side of the bucket in his hand and said, "It's last night's stale tea with last week's spoiled meat soup. Tell me about the flavor - is it good?" he snarled at Ge Ming.

"This doesn't smell like tea," Li Wei said, his nose wrinkled in disgust.

"Of course, it doesn't. After all, I just pissed it all out," Meng Yao informed them coldly.

Dismay covered their faces as they realized what he had just said.

"Come back here if want some more. In fact, I have a little left. Let me give you some dessert."

Everyone ran when Meng Yao started to lift the bucket again. Even Ge Ming couldn't deal with stench and ran off.

This was one recipe of Meng Yao's that no one would ever forget.