102: Evil In Law

"And in that library Ying and I did it, I had made my intentions clear at him" Kuo Jin Hai said.

"And I didn't reject, and soon after our relationship became an private affair not taking countermeasures only think of pleasuring ourselves. Our lives were good and we knew where we stayed in the relationship until--"

"Until your lover got pregnant" Liang Meng Yao finishes,

It was bound to happen if wreckless each approached each other with their own intentions, one was to better himself from the poverty lifestyle the other was to fulfill his own desire none of them were thinking of the consequences.

"Yes, it was coincidentally he was having dinner with his family and Kuokuo wasn't feeling well and passed out. After being awakened I was dragged from my family home, where we were confronted, the principal said he could stay if he threw away the child and the two of us stop meeting each other unwilling Kuokuo rejected his father angry he had his servant's beat me and gave Kuokuo a last parting gift as his dowry for our marriage" Xiao Ying Pei explained.

"I thought you weren't married without dowry" Hong Jia Yi spoke,

"What?!, is marriage without dowry even marriage?!, yes their was dowry" Xiao Ying Pei confirmed

His words had hit Liang Meng Yao and Hong Jia Yi's pride, none had dowry to provide in their marriage.

"During our marriage the preparation were small, and since Kuokuo's father cut ties with him Kuokuo had no one but me but my family I knew they were bad but I didn't know they were such evil people. My first duty as husband I needed to provide for the family so I went out job hunting, while away my family bullied Kuokuo! He was pregnant Cousin! even if young he was pregnant!, when I came back he was bruised hurt not to mention they took his dowry and expensive clothes. That day I was in at war with my family so much so we made a lot of noise and caused many commotion, then word got out in town. I was fired from the only job I got and was denied any chance to get an.

Their words were "who wants an unfilial son to work for them" "hmp! I'll protect my son's chastity thank you" "pei! Go away you evil person", and my family didn't make it any better trying to live off the sympathy of the people. Soon we had no money we had to sell our house and move back here, and even now they didn't cease their wicked ways against us" Xiao Ying Pei said with great distress.

Hong Jia Yi only looked at Kuo Jin Hai, his words didn't seem false as Kuo Jin Hai's body looked skinny and underweight for a pregnant she man not to mention their were visible scratches and bruises also Xiao Ying Pei's head was wrapped in bandages.

Xiao Ying Pei and Kuo Jin Hai had suffered so much under the Xiao family that they grew tired and wary they didn't care about morals and just needed to escape.

Liang Meng Yao even if seemed a bit cold didn't feel pity for their situation as it was something normal to him, he grew up witnessing abuse and he was a victim of it, it may be different for other people since experiencing similar situations can help connect people but for Liang Meng Yao it made him view abuse as if it were something that happened every day. He knows it's not true but he can't help it, his opinion was 'everyone has their own struggles must he feel sorry for everyone?'.

Hong Jia Yi held the sleeves of Liang Meng  Yao and just that gesture alone made it clear, Liang Meng Yao nods.

"I'll work something out for you, I have an restuarant in the capital city it provides shelter it can help you until you fully establish yourselves and stand on your own feet" Liang Meng Yao said,

The two smiled brightly then Xiao Ying Pei went down and started kowtowing while thanking them both.

"Stop, your a good boy Xiao Ying Pei don't throw away this opportunity" Hong Jia Yi said gently

Xiao Ying Pei nods agreeably,

"Also I'm going to asked the Wens for some room you can't possibly go back" he informed.

It true if they go back Kuo Jin Hai might loose the baby from their rage, and with that they all agreed.