5: I got a male wife

Edited by Relendria

The chief started to yell, drawing attention from all around them. Liang Meng Yao and Hong Jia Yi were both baffled.

"You slut, how dare you deceive him?" the chief yelled.

They both blinked with confusion.

"You're so eager to have a man that you sleep with a stranger and you shame our village!"

The villagers whispered excitedly. Liang Meng Yao finally caught on to what happened and so did Hong Jia Yi but unlike before, Hong Jia Yi won't stay silent.

"Don't lie! I never did any such thing! Please chief, don't taint a good's man name!" he yelled in response.

"You see, he defended him! He is clearly your secret lover!" The villagers smiled.

Liang Meng Yao knew what the village chief was doing but he also knew that if he said anything that hostility will be directed at him and it could even become worse for Hong Jia Yi.

"He is not my-"

"Then why else would you bring him here? I thought it was strange how all your suitors suddenly left but now I see it was because of your lover," the chief said.

The villagers whispered eagerly about this charge. Unable to take anymore, Liang Meng Yao stood. This might offend the others but he won't let them continue to insult his savior.

"So?" he said.

This caught everyone off guard especially the chief.

"So you admit it!" the chief said. He was excited but not in a good way.

"You sound jealous. Could it be the chief had ulterior motives?" Liang Meng Yao smiled without humor.

The chief was speechless. Of course, he had a hint of lust for the she-man but not much as he had for the others. Hong Jia yi was a bit too manly for his taste.

"Hong Jia Yi, you've shamed us by having an affair with a foreigner! Do you know what that means?" he yelled.

"Chief, you're being too loud. It is almost as if you want draw attention," Liang Meng Yao said.

The people whispered. The chief's anger was growing and Hong Jia Yi could sense it will not be good for the man.

"Since you two are lovers, you should marry," the village chief said.

Liang Meng Yao was shocked again but then again they are all men so same sex marriage would be allowed - unlike his other world.

"Chief, you'd have me marry a foreigner?" Hong Jia Yi asked.

"If you can go in bed with him, why would it be hard to marry him?"

Hong Jia Yi was angry but he couldn't do a thing against the village chief.

"I don't have any dowry, you know that."

"Well, all you have to do is pay for the papers and you're married. That's it."

This would be the cheapest and most disrespectful marriage ever.

"What if I object?" Liang Meng Yao asked.

"Then get out of the village."

Liang Meng Yao didn't know this place and anything could happen while being out of this village. The best solution was to marry this person whose name he still didn't know.

"You know the drill 3 copper."

Hong Jia Yi had no choice but to give up 3 of 10 coppers he had earned this morning.

Hong Jia Yi was a kind person but the world wasn't kind to him. Now he has dragged down an innocent person with his bad luck.

Hong Jia Yi reluctantly took out 3 coppers. Liang Meng Yao felt very grateful towards this person. He vowed in his heart to pay him back tenfold for his kindness.

Soon the two were biting their fingers to stamp their marriage papers with a bloody fingerprint.

And just like that, Liang Meng Yao was forced to marry a stranger whom he didn't know and go home with him. He had nowhere else to go and felt it was lucky for him that Hong Jia Yi was a very kind person.