About Myself / Five

~When Hela was 8~

"Darling, don't forget to wear your hat!" my mom yelled from downstairs of her room while we get ready to skate, "It's very cold outside."

We always have a tradition of skating every day on the December of 25. Yes, it's Christmas but we have always been doing that for years until father left us. Mother stopped for a while but when I mentioned that I want to skate again, she agreed. She taught me to get back on the basic of skating and I learned pretty well just in time.

"Yes, mum!" I yelled back, putting on my favourite beanie that mother knitted herself for me last year. 

It was deep blue with a baby blue fluff on the top of it. She knows my favourite color so she sewed most of my clothes in blue. I never had a time that I don't like what she do for me. We were pretty much alone these years and I've learn not to complain about what I have. 

I checked myself in the mirror one last time to see if I'm all ready to go. I ran downstairs to see if mother was ready but she still haven't got out of her room so I sat down and waited for her in the living room.

"Mum, I'm all ready!" I called, "Hurry up! I'm so excited to go!" 

"Yes, darling!" she yelled back, "Be out in a second!" she mumbled. 

She finally came out wearing a short red dress that father gifted her three years ago for their anniversary that she always wanted. She gave me a twirl and asked.

"How do I look?" her face lit up in a bright smile as she looked at me.

"You look beautiful, mother." I beamed, "That dress always looked good on you, mum."

"Thank you." she giggled, "Now, come on. Let's go before it gets dark." she straightened herself as she put on her puff coats and grab our skates. I stood up as she grabbed my hand, heading out the door.

We skated for about an hour while also taking breaks when needed. We skated at the lake where we always have a picnic near it every two weeks and watch the sunset, where I would go and read, where we would feed the ducks and would sometimes meet some strange creatures too and the only place where we always skates. Just the two of us, together. 

I haven't seen her laughing or smiling like she always did before father left until now. She's having a blast. She's happy and I'm happy seeing she is. She needs to get things off her mind and live a wonderful life she still have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~When Hela was 10~

It was the very first time that I discovered I can change my hair color and do more things. 

I woke up from the bright sunlight that showered from the curtains into my room and to my bed. I opened my eyes to see that it was quite windy today. I like it that way. Birds were singing, bees were buzzing and leaves were rustling. 

It was the perfect weather to go out to garden and bathe in the sun.

I smiled as I climbed out of bed and go to the bathroom. It was also bright in the bathroom so I needed some second to adjust my eyes to the brightness. I washed my face with cold water to wash off the weariness before I looked myself in the mirror to see a completely different person in front of me.

She has blue hair?! 

I examined myself once again in the mirror to make sure it was me and that's when I got a clear view of myself. I screamed, loudly. Loudly enough for my mother to hear. As I did, it started to changed again. I watched it in fear as it slowly started to turn white.