Weird / Eighteen

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I wake up the next morning for breakfast, I see that people are still wearing the stupid badges that Crabbe and Goyle made. I scoff lightly to myself before sitting next to Pansy who was reading the Daily Prophet.

I glance at the paper to see that a woman name Rita Skeeter who had a picture of herself slapped onto the page, looks so awful with those glasses she had on had written about the champions but it made me actually read when I saw that the whole page was only about Harry Potter.

He and I are not that much of a friend but we've talk before and I know for sure that he won't put his name in the goblet, I mean it's absolutely dangerous. And mostly people were saying that he wants more attention but I know that he don't. I mean look at him, he's already unstable with the fame he has now.

I look across at the Gryffindor table to see Hermione talking to him, well... it looks more like explaining something to him. They book look very determine about what they're discussing. 

I look at Pansy who is currently talking to Malfoy about the paper and stupid plans to make fun of Harry. I roll my eyes and walk to the Gryffindor table as everyone from the table looks at me.

I clear my throat as I adjust my robe, "I believe that you didn't put your name in the goblet, Harry." I say to him softly as he look down at my robes to see if I'm wearing the badge, "Don't worry, I'm not wearing that rubbish of a badge," rolling my eyes which he smile in return.

I can see that in his eyes that actually looks stress and tired of everything. His eyes heavy with emotions that I know for sure, he isn't able to express in these time.

Poor him. 

"And I don't believe anything about the rubbish that Skeeter woman wrote about you either." I add, scoffing lightly as I take the Daily Prophet out of Hermione's hands who just blows out her cheeks as I throw it (some Ravenclaw students ducking down) straight into the fire.

"Thanks, Hela." he smiles heartily, "I really appreciate that." I nod at him in response before he looks over my shoulder and says, "Looks like your friends need you." his voice a bit harsh, looking right into my eyes.

I huff, my hair turns light green as I look over to see that Pansy and Theo telling me to come back.

"Well then, Harry, good luck on the first task, ya know... fighting the dragon." I imitate punching as I give him a weak smile and thumbs up before I turn to my table. 

I caught a glimpse of Harry's face who looks shocked and confused about how I know about the dragons and Hermione pushing and asking him about what I just said before I sit down at my table.

He still doesn't know I can read minds very easily.

Pansy and Malfoy immediately ask me what I said to him before I even properly sit down at the table.

"About the papers, to know if they're real or fake news but he says those are just fake," I lie, "And I just asked him the tournament too but he just said he doesn't know anything about it yet."

"Rubbish." Theo and Malfoy scoff before turning back to continue reading the paper.

That seems quite convincing. 

I sigh with guilt before I eat breakfast quickly to avoid any awkward tension that I know that I might made it myself.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a miserable day of following Draco and Pansy around whenever we have class together as they make jokes to Harry and Hermione (and my hair turning light green every time they do), I can finally sit down at dinner with peace as they stopped and me sitting a bit away from them.

I didn't even care to listen to what Dumbledore had to say since I kept zoning out of tiredness. I just wanted to go to bed and sleep.

Why does he always have to do unnecessary speeches that most of the time it doesn't even makes sense?

While I eat dinner, I take out my Charms and Spells to study a bit for my an upcoming exams next Monday when I feel someone sit next to me. I didn't look up to see who it is since I was busy reading which they can clearly can see until they starts to shift near me, slowly and slowly to the point where our thighs are touching.

I slowly look up to see Malfoy with that stupid smirk quivering on his lips.

Oh Merlin, what does he want this time?

"If you're looking for more information about Harry, you can go ask himself." I state, looking back down at my book, turning it to a new page, "If you're not here for that, may I help you?" I add with a sarcastic tone in my voice.

"Yes, you may." he mocks back, sounding quite shock. He clears his throat first, acting as if he's going to ask me to marry him, about something so big and dangerous that made him scared and nervous.

"You have been terribly quiet today. Are you- umm... alright?" he hesitates asking, looking as if it pains him.

What did he just say? "Are you alright?" 

Did I ate the wrong food? Did someone put something in my plate? Am I hallucinating?

I look down at my dinner plate to make sure I didn't accidently spilled any potions or ink into it. I look up at see Draco looking at me with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Hello? You okay?" he chuckles, "You're acting weird." he looks around me trying his best to avoids my eyes or my face.

Me? Me acting weird? Clearly, what is going on?

"Yeah..." I scan behind him to see if someone was watching us. I look at the Gryffindor's table to see if the twins were pranking me but they seem more interested in Harry than me or anyone.

"Just a bit tired." I smile, trying to hide the confusion on my face while also looking around at my surrounding.

Did Theo put jinx him with a Confundus spell or is he genuinely being nice?

His face slightly softens to my response before he put it back into his normal one. 

"And still you're studying?" he asks, raising an eyebrow as he points at my book.

"Yes, I am." I state clearly for whatever he's doing to be stopped this instance which is making me way too uncomfortable. 

"So if you please excuse me," I pull my bag from underneath the table and clench it tightly in my free hand, "I need to work on my spells for my upcoming exam." I smile sarcastically, turning away to read again.

He chuckles slightly and shrugs before turning and walking away to eat and chat with Theo and Blaise.

When did he thought it would be a good idea to start acting nice to me? Is this some sort of bet? Is someone pulling a prank on me? 

This is so weird. 

Well... not reall- well yeah..., it's weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dude i ✨suck✨ at writing but it's my first fanfic so please don't kill me

vote/comment/ share <3