For A Reason / Forty - Six

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have finally told mother about Marie and her family while we were on our picnic at the same lake that we always go to. And she finally admitted to me about everything and explained to me why she chose to not tell me anything.

But I know she's still hiding some things.

"Mum?" I ask looking at the swans in front of me while she puts her attention from them to me, "I have been meaning to ask you this for a long time," I can sense her nervousness when I read her mind.

"Yes, darling?" her voice a bit shaky as she replies.

I breathed out a long breath before I look at her, "I.." I hesitate thinking if I should say it or not, "I met someone at Hogwarts," I start, trying to avoid her eyes as possible, "and she said she was my cousin." I finally look up to see her eyes widen slightly.

"Sweethe-"

"Please, let me finish, mum." I cut off and she softly nods, "Her name is Marie Moon," I softly smile as memories of us together came into my mind but I stop myself from thinking more, "and I assume that you already know that." I wave a hand, "And she told me some things she know about father and more about her family. Her father's a vampire and her mother is my aunt, is it correct?" 

She nods, looking ahead.

"And father left us because he wanted to protect us?"

"Uh- yes."

Hesitation?

"And he wasn't a muggle?"

She looks at me with regrets in her eyes with what she lied to me about.

"Darling-"

"Why did you lie?" I question her lightly, trying my best not to feel angry, "Why, mother? You could have just told me about it." I repeat, while she looks at me with tears in her eyes, "You could've-"

"Because I didn't want you getting involved in his troubles." she yells as her eyes fills with anger, catching me off guard, "He was dangerous and that is why I lied to you and don't you think it made me feel any better." she looks away, wiping her tears as she did. "And-" she breath in, "and you were too young to understand what was going on at that time and I was too busy trying to figure out a way to make you feel safe." her voice slowly going soft.

"Because I didn't want anything happening to you like.." she trails off, looking ahead with more tears slipping down her face, "like your br- father. It was already hard enough for me to lose him and I'm not giving any chances to lose you too." 

She looks back at me and hold my face in her hands. I let my face soften at her touch when she presses her forehead with mine.

"I'm sorry, mum."

"No, you're not the one to be apologizing. I'm sorry." she sniffs, "I'm sorry that I never told you the truth and I'm sorry for what I put you through as a kid. I'm really sorry." she express as she strokes my hair, "I'm sorry." she kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry too."

This situation has happened last week Friday and since then we have practically been in each other's lives. She has been careful with the words she says to me and I also have been. She just do what she needs to be doing with works from The Ministry while I do my own things, such as - begging her to finally let me go to The Burrows.