Take My Own Life / Fifty - Six

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snape finally dismissed the class after giving everyone a pile of homeworks on Ancient Magic. I quickly pack up my things in my bag and walk to the hospital without waiting or talking to anyone.

I couldn't handle the embarrassment that Snape caused me in front of the whole classroom. And the sharp staring I was getting at the back of my head and at the front of my face as if someone planted a Dungbomb under me that is slowly burning to explode, made me feel uncomfortable and anxious.

I take off my school robes in a hurry as I get to the entrance of the hospital and hang it on my forearm. I walk in to find that Madam Pomfrey is already busy treating a student as she quietly mutters words to the girl as she rubs some sort of red potion on both of her wrists and down to her forearms.

I watch from afar as the substance vanished into thin air, revealing multiple deep cuts on the girl's wrists and forearms as she hysterically cries while another girl sits beside the bed with her hand covering her mouth as she watches.

I winch at the sight of them before I look up to their faces.

And I immediately recognized the student that Madam Pomfrey treating as Cho Chang and the other as Mariette Edgecombe.

What did she do to herself?

I swallow a lump in my throat as I slowly walk up to stand beside the bed that Cho was laying in shock as I stare at the horrible view in front of me.

Why did I just do that? I should have just walked away.

Cho and Mariette snap their heads at me as Madam Pomfrey walks away to get more bandages and potions, saying that she will check me up after she's done with them.

"What do you want?" Mariette speaks, venom full in her tone after Madam Pomfrey was away from sight, startling me from my thoughts, "Are you going to humiliate us more?" she hisses as I look up at her from Cho's wrists that she tries to hide but was unsuccessful as I've already seen her red scars. "Don't you dare-"

"I rather take my own life than joke about someone's attempt to do the same thing, Edgecombe." I exhale softly as I wave my wand at the chair behind for me to sit.

The words that came out of my mouth has taken her by surprised as she stares at me in shock and jolted up, startling Cho beside her.

"She didn't try to – "

Is this girl joking with me?

"Would you not scream?" I plead with a hard tone of my voice as I scrunch my eyebrows in annoyance, making her tense shoulders slightly drop in acceptance and her mouth shut closed. "I don't reckon she wants the whole bloody school to know about what's going on right now, so please keep your voice down." I urge between Cho's sniffs and sobs of pain, making Mariette sit back down.

"Why are you here?" Cho softly asks after a while of silence, making me look up from my hands to her. But her eyes were not meeting mine as she hides her face with her long hair in shame.

"I umm.. came here for a checkup. I've been – "

"Why are you actually here?" she cuts me off, still not looking at me as she tries to hide her hands again but Mariette softly stops her by holding them down.

"If you would let me finish talking, then you will know." I sigh softly putting my things on the floor as I read her mind.

"Out of anyone in the school, it has to be her."