Suspicious / Fifty - One

HELA'S POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walk up the stairs to Ginny's room that she shared with me and Hermione to grab some of the new school robes (that I made Hermione buy for me while I followed Ginny to Flourish and Blotts) that Mrs. Weasley wanted to wash, I also noticed that Hermione's new robes were still scrambled and look unwashed on her makeshift bed.

Not being sure if they were or not, I grabbed them with me on my way out before going up to George and Fred's room on the second floor that Harry was sleeping in and knowing that Hermione would be there too.

The knuckles of my hand was about to reach the flat surface of the door to knock but when Harry said the last name that has been on my mind since the day I left Diagon Alley was mentioned, I stop midway and listen closely to the other side of the door.

"Malfoy's a Death Eater." Harry says slowly as if he was making a point to the other two in the room, "He's replaced his father as a Death Eater."

What?!

A soft gasp left my mouth as my eyebrows scrunched in concentration and confusion as I continue to listen. I sense the room to see Hermione sitting in front of the window, a book in hand while Harry sits on the bed with Ron sitting on floor beside him, a broom stick in hand as he tries to fix the tail twigs.

"Malfoy?" Ron laughs, looking up from his broom to Harry, "Draco Malfoy? A Death Eater? He's sixteen, Harry! You think You-Know-Who would let a kid join his crew?" he snorts as he looks down and scrap some dirt on the handle.

"Yes, it seems very unlikely, Harry..." Hermione sighs, closing her book, "What makes you think that anyways?"

"In Madam Malkin's. She didn't even touch him, but he flinched and took his hand way when she went to roll his left sleeve." Harry fights back, getting frustrated, "He's been branded with the Dark Mark!"

Why is Harry so stubbornly accusing Draco? I mean I get it they hate each other but the Mark is something to not just joke around in a household like this or a time like this.

"I think he just wanted to get out of there after seeing us, Harry." Hermione's voice hard as I continue to listen, trying Harry to let go the topic, "Stop it, Harry. This has gone too far."

"Then what is he doing in Borgins and Burks? Shopping for furniture?" Harry claps back immediately, his hands flying around, "He also showed Borgin something we couldn't see, and you saw how seriously Borgin took him! He is one of them." he presses on.

"Well, he's a Malfoy." Ron and Hermione exchange a look as Hermione softly replies half shrugging, "Everyone takes them seriously except us. I'm not sure, Harry."

"Yeah, I still don't reckon You-Know-Who would let Malfoy join..."

Harry immediately stood up from the bed that made my senses jump back into my body and making me run to the stairs to make it seem like I just came up from downstairs.

Harry came out with a pile of Quidditch robes in his hand and half-smiles when he sees me and walks past me down the stairs. I smile back in return to make things seem normal, but I was shaking slightly due to the moment I was about to get caught eavesdropping.

I try my best not to look back at him as I walk into the same room I was just about to go five minutes ago. I knocked on the door before I open it to signal that I'm coming in to make sure that I don't cut in the conversation that Hermione and Ron were whispering about.

"Mione?" I clear my throat and clench at my own robes tightly to contain my hands from trembling slightly when Hermione turns her head to me, "Are these already washed?" lifting my hand that's holding her robes, "I'm about to wash mine so I'm checking to make sure so you can wear them tomorrow."