Part 1

War.

That was probably the most fitting description of what she's seeing right now. The sound of the swords colliding, people screaming, and blood dripping everywhere. In front of her, a man standing with his armor and sword pointed at her. His lips moved but strangely she couldn't hear what he said.

She observed the man and before she realized it, he has already stabbed his sword into her heart.

Her eyes opened and she gasped.

"It was a dream."

She took a deep breath to calm her beating heart. Once her heart had calmed down, she got up from her bed to start the day. Her name is Zoella Rae, a 17-year-old girl. She lived her whole life in an orphanage until last year she finally got a part-time job and chose to live by herself.

But of course, she still considered her education to be her first priority. Luckily she got a scholarship to the best school in her town.

It's 6.25 and she's done dolling herself up.

"Homework is done, lunchbox in, and bag closed. Let's get this day past quietly."

Or so she thought.

"Zoella, you will help me with this homework, right? And maybe you can also submit it?"

She could hear the snicker after those sentences as the back sound right now.

That girl was Tiana. She was the most popular girl in the school. She got a pretty face and money. And with those, of course, she will have a lot of friends. Like now, she was surrounded by her friends. In a nutshell, she got a perfect life for some people.

"Of course! I will get it done in a minute."

Tiana smirked and tossed her book. Zoella caught it perfectly since she had good reflexes.

"Is that how you think I will answer? Pathetic."

"What?"

"But, I'll do your second favor which is to submit this book with me. It'll be done in a minute. No need to thank me."

Zoella smiled as she dragged her feet before Tiana had a chance to react. She could hear the commotion behind her but why should she care? As she arrived at the teacher's office, she immediately submitted her homework and Tiana's as well.

She couldn't care less whether Tiana actually did her homework or not. It's not like she was the one who would get a scolding later on.

"As expected, you're here."

"Hey, Gina."

This short-haired girl is Gina, Zoella's only friend. Since Gina also got a scholarship, it was easy for them to be close friends.

"So? Which one is it today?"

"The ashy hair girl."

She was naturally talking about Tiana. It wasn't uncommon for some rich students to pick on others. Most of the students were not brave enough to stand against them. But that wasn't the case for Zoella.

During her stay in an orphanage, one of her friends always told her to not be afraid of others.

'Unless they are monsters, fight them.'

That was what she said. She also taught Zoella how to defend herself with some martial arts. As a result, Zoella grew up to be a courageous girl.

"I have no idea where that bravery of yours comes from. Most of the students choose to avoid or obey them."

"And those bullies will be out of control. Then even the teacher won't be able to help. Is that what you want?"

"Of course not. Why would I want something terrible like that?"