Part 79

The room fell into an awkward silence after Oscar shouted. They were surprised but also confused by it. Why would this freshman suddenly ask for a duel? To a student of the Magic Department at that. It would make more sense if he asked for a duel in the collaborative class. But they were not in it today.

Jasper threw a questioning look at Zoella. He didn't know how to handle this situation any longer. Zoella got up from her chair and moved to stand beside Jasper.

"I'm that Zoella you're looking for."

Oscar's eyes filled with surprise and doubt as he stared at her. Feeling uncomfortable, Zoella frowned and asked.

"What? What are you looking at?"

"I'm sorry, senior. It's just.. you're quite different from what I imagine."

"What do you mean by that?"

It was Jasper who asked this time.

"Well, truthfully I asked my seniors in my department about the strongest person there for a duel but they told me that if I am looking for the strongest one then I should ask this Zoella person to duel with me."

Zoella and her classmates silently listened to Oscar's story. However, Zoella felt uneasy because she knew what kind of people the seniors Oscar was talking about.

"The seniors told me that no one could win against Zoella and how they were beaten up to a pulp by her. They told me she is really strong and has big muscles so I imagine her to be someone big, brawny, and likes to fight."

"Pfft! Ahem.."

Zoella whose blood rushed to her face glared at Jasper who tried his best to hold his laughter. So was the rest of the class. They tried to suppress their laughter listening to Oscar's explanation with the innocent expression he had on his face.

'Those assholes! Just you wait until our collaborative class. I won't let you go!'

Zoella took a deep breath as she swallowed the curses she threw at her friends in her collaborative class.

"So, because they won't fight you so you come to fight me?"

"Yes! Please have a duel with me!"

"I refused."

The sound of something cracking could be heard inside Oscar's heart. He was dumbfounded since this was the first time his challenge was rejected.

"Why?! What's the reason you rejected my challenge?"

"Do you think the teacher will agree to this?"

Oscar's glum face turned bright instantly.

"I see. Then, I'll go ask permission so I'll see you later!"

"Wai-"

Before Zoella could stop him, Oscar already ran as fast as he could. She turned to Jasper when she felt a grip on her shoulder.

"Good luck."

Zoella let out a heavy sigh as she prepared to give an earful to certain people before this unexpected duel.

And that was exactly what she was doing right now.

Not long after Oscar ran to the teacher's office, Zoella made her way to the Swordsmanship Department. She dragged five guys from their class to the training ground and had them sit on their knees with their hands up in the air.

"Zoe, just what are they doing for you to do this?"

Lilian asked. She and Tyrael naturally followed Zoella when they saw her dragging five people from their class.