Part 88

The day after the founding day, the Academy was filled with the noise of its students who talked on and on about the monster wave incident. Even now at the cafeteria, Zoella couldn't digest her meal properly because the stares of the students surrounded her.

Because that incident might cause an uproar, everyone who attended the hunting competition was asked to keep quiet about that. Thus, Zoella and her friends could only smile when other students asked them about the monster wave that somehow could get into their ears.

Even when Jasper told them it was no big deal and Hayes already took care of everything, the students' curiosity still couldn't be satisfied.

"They really don't know how to be considerate, do they?"

Zoella looked at Warren who had an annoyed expression across his face. Earlier today, her friends also asked her about the incident and she only explained a little bit of it. She also apologized because she couldn't reveal much because of the command.

Luckily, her friends understood.

"I don't blame them. Of course, they'd be curious because that's how big the incident was."

"Still! It's not like they can do anything if they know about it. If they got curious so much then why don't they ask the Prince himself?!"

A thin smile appeared on Zoella's face as she saw Lilian's outburst.

"Also, the most important part is they already took care of it. That should be enough to reassure them."

Lilian nodded firmly at Margaret's words.

Zoella's heart became lighter as she saw her friends' support. Deep in her heart, she was afraid they'd be upset because she couldn't tell them everything even if she wanted to.

"Prepare your ears."

Her smile faded when she heard Tyrael who sat beside her mumbled. Zoella glanced at him asking for an explanation.

"He'll come anytime soon."

"What the heck are you even talking about?"

Tyrael shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. Soon after, Zoella finally understood why Tyrael warned her like that.

"Senior! I finally found you!"

The cheerful voice that they were absolutely familiar with shouted at the top of his lungs. Zoella looked past Lilian's shoulder to find Oscar making a little run at their table direction.

"Take a seat, Oscar. Why are you looking for us?"

Zoella asked as she and Tyrael scooted over to give some space for Oscar to sit. After he comfortably seated, Oscar spoke.

"Just... I saw you yesterday but I couldn't greet you since you were talking to your friends. My master also wanted to meet you but then chaos happened and he went to the forest with the Knights. So, he asked me to give you his regards and said to take care of me in the future."

Zoella breathed out a sigh of relief when she heard that. She didn't realize that she held her breath the moment Oscar mentioned his master.

"I see. Well, I guess we need to train you the best we can. Right, Lilian?"

"Sure! About time we increased the intensity."

Oscar could only gulp his own saliva seeing Lilian get fired up. Actually, the training wasn't that hard since Oscar was used to the method. He was just bored because Lilian had never sparred with him again, yet.

Still, Oscar could feel he was getting better after he got some advice from Lilian, Zoella, and Tyrael during his training. So, he waited patiently for the day he could spar with them.

"Oh, right. I won't be joining today's training. I need to go to the forest to get some plants."

"Plants?"

Oscar asked as he tilted his head. This was the first time he heard of this.

"They are ingredients for her to make some potions."

Tyrael answered nonchalantly.

"Woah! You can make potions? Amazing!"

Tyrael let out a small chuckle when he saw Zoella flustered beside him. Usually, she was complimented on how good her swordsmanship was or how well she handled mana. This was her first time complimented by someone about her skills in making potions.

"Uhm, I also won't be joining the training. I have something important to do."

Lilian subtly took a glance at Margaret. Zoella might not know but this was the first time Margaret missed their training session. Even if there were something she needed to do, the usual Margaret would do it after the training.

So, Lilian couldn't help but be curious about this important thing.

"Well, I guess, today is the swordsmen day."

"Hey! You forgot about me!"

Warren protested.

"Oh, you're right. Hahaha!"

Zoella laughed at him without correcting her words earlier. And Warren could only roll his eyes feeling annoyed.

After the last period, Margaret went to the teacher's office after she made sure her friends weren't at the Academy anymore. For some reason, she felt like she needed to keep this thing a secret from them.

When Margaret arrived at the office, she didn't see anyone there. Even Martha who was usually the last one to leave was nowhere to be seen.

At this point, Margaret felt the urge to get away from there but she couldn't move her feet.

"Miss Norris, you're here. Come this way."

Margaret flinched the moment Anthony's voice reached her ears. At first, she wanted to refuse his offer but after her eyes locked with his, just like that time, Margaret slowly lost her will to decline.

"Yes, sir."

While Anthony led her to his room, Margaret glanced at the other teacher's rooms which were completely empty. The office was so quiet that the only thing she could hear was their footsteps.

As they arrived at Anthony's office, Margaret saw a peculiar magic circle on his table. She had never seen that kind of magic circle before.

"Take a seat."

Anthony said while he sat on his chair. After he made sure Margaret was comfortably seated, he continued explaining.

"As you can see right here, it's a summoning magic circle. You will need to make a contract with the summon with your blood and let it flow in your body."

"..."

"After that, with the summoned help, you can get way stronger than you are now."

Margaret stared down at the magic circle in doubt. Anthony's explanation was clear as glass however, she never heard of something like a summoned before. Let alone a contract that needed blood to do it.

"Miss Norris, can we proceed?"

Anthony asked as he stretched out his hand. Slowly, Margaret took his hand and seconds later she could feel a sharp blade on her palm.

When six drops of blood touched the parchment, black smoke started to cover her view. She could no longer see Anthony even though she still felt his hand on hers.

Shortly after, Margaret could hear something mumbling near her ears. The voice was hoarse and dreadful. The language was something she never heard.

"Do you accept it, Miss Norris?"

"Yes."

Margaret's voice trembled. After she answered, she could see something trying to enter her body along with the black smoke.

"Do not fear, Miss Norris. Let it flow."

As he instructed, Margaret didn't fight it. She let the summoned and the black smoke enter her body. After a while, the black smoke disappeared and Margaret could see a wide smile on Anthony's face.

"Congratulations, Miss Norris."