Part 59

Noah was completely stunned the moment a girl with silky silver hair stepped into the drawing room. His heart was beating so loudly when his violet eyes locked with the girl.

The two of them had the same eye color but somehow Noah felt like the eyes before him were the most beautiful and pure eyes he had ever seen. It was as if all the amethysts in the world had embedded themselves in those eyes.

'Brother...'

A cheerful voice of a child suddenly popped into his mind. Along with the memories of his five-year-old Sister. Her little smile, the way her eyes squint, her soft voice as she called him, those memories flowing through his mind.

This girl in front of him was the exact picture of his sister.

Now, Noah understood why his super-wary father was convinced that this girl was his daughter. His Father didn't talk about her looks, but about how he felt the moment he saw her.

"Young Master, long time no see."

Noah came back to reality when Hayes's voice reached his ears. He moved closer to Hayes to shake his outstretched hand.

"Ah, yes. It's been a few weeks, isn't it?"

His violet eyes glanced at Zoella who carried a box in her hand. Noah could see a white bird inside it. He assumed that the bird was his Sister's pet.

"You there, hold the cage for this lady."

Noah said to a maid near him. However, before the maid could answer, Zoella spoke.

"No, it's alright. I want to hold it."

Zoella holds Eirwen's cage tighter. This little gesture made Noah's heart warm. Even though she lost her memory, her body still remembered her habits.

His Sister would hold her things tighter when someone offered to hold them for her. Especially her books.

"Please, sit comfortably."

As they sat, Zoella tried her best to control her nervousness. Her hands felt cold from the sweat. If she didn't hold Eirwen's cage, the Count and his son might notice her trembling hands.

"Count, you want to talk about this matter without the Countess I assumed?"

"Yes. I don't know how she will react so I thought it'd be best if I talked to her after we are done. But, if you want her to take part in this then..."

"Do whatever suit you. I'm just asking because I didn't see her. Well then, let's start with an introduction, shall we? This is Zoella Rae, my disciple."

Zoella's body tensed up when two pairs of violet eyes fell on her. Despite the warmth in their gazes, she couldn't help but feel nervous. After all, this is the first time Zoella met nobles outside the Academy.

Even Hayes was talking politely to them which he rarely did. It made Zoella more nervous because Hayes clearly respected them and the other way around.

"My name is Elijah Leighton, a Count and the former Captain of Royal Knight. This is my son, Noah Leighton. He's the current Captain."

Elijah put his hand on Noah's shoulder as he introduced his son.

"Your family is full of great people, huh?"

Tyrael whispered as he leaned his head near Zoella's ear.

"Just shut up and watch your manners."

Zoella also replied in a whisper. When Zoella's eyes accidentally locked eyes with Noah, she hurriedly lowered her gaze focusing her eyes on Eirwen's cage on her lap instead.