Part 84

On the day of Founding Day...

Zoella, Hayes, and Tyrael went to the hunting ground using the carriage Noah sent for them. He also sent Zoella her clothing for this event which she really thankful for. It seemed he deliberately sent that kind of clothing so Zoella could move around freely.

A dark blue knee-length tailcoat along with white trousers and completed with a pair of white boots. She didn't bother to put on accessories on her hair and just tied it up in a ponytail.

Her appearance was elegant enough not to get any critique from other noblewomen but also wouldn't get in her way if she needed to fight. She also brought the magic bag to store her bow and arrows, her sword, and Tyrael's twin blades just in case.

As they were about to arrive at the hunting ground, Zoella tried her best to calm herself. She clenched and unclenched her fist repeatedly hoping it would help. It didn't.

She glanced at her teacher who sat in front of her with a calm face. Today, Hayes and Tyrael also dressed up accordingly.

Hayes wore a maroon shirt enveloped by a black vest along with black trousers and a pair of black shoes. He also got a black jacket hugging his shoulders to complete his look.

Zoella frowned when she realized her teacher deliberately chose darker-shaded clothes for this event, unlike the lighter shade he wore at her debutante.

'Seems like he's gonna fight in secret.'

Her eyes shifted over to Tyrael who also calmly sat by her side. In this event, Hayes was also going to reveal Tyrael as his second student so lucky for him, he didn't dress up as a servant like before.

Because Tyrael stubbornly refused to make a suit for himself, Hayes had no choice but to lend him his old suit that matched Tyrael's height.

So, Tyrael chose to wear the white shirt with a grey vest enveloped by a white jacket. He completed his look with white trousers and a pair of dark brown shoes.

The carriage stopped shortly after and Zoella clenched her fist tightly.

"We're here. Now, both of you listen to me."

Hayes straightened his body while his eyes stared at his disciples firmly.

"As you might guess, I cooperated with Sir Noah to investigate this black mana matter. So I need to pretend to participate in this competition while the two of you remained outside of the hunting ground."

Zoella and Tyrael stilled as they continue to listen to Hayes attentively.

"That doesn't mean I don't allow you to do anything. If... something terrible were to happen which we can't predict, you're free to fight but your safety always comes first. Got it?"

"Yes."

A satisfied smile formed on his face as he breathed out a sigh of relief when Zoella and Tyrael answered at the same time.

The carriage's door opened revealing an outstretched gloved hand.

Without looking at the person's face, Zoella knew exactly whose hand it was since she took it right away. After she got out of the carriage, Zoella could finally look at the owner properly.

Her Brother, Noah Leighton.

"You're finally here, Zoe."

His content voice together with his bright smiley face made Zoella finally lift the corner of her lips.

"Yes, Brother."

She replied.

When Hayes and Tyrael also got out of the carriage, Noah escorted them, with his Sister's hand around his arm, to their tent.

After she looked closely, her outfit's color was matching with Noah's uniform. A white uniform with some black and gold accents and a blue cloak on his right shoulder.

Knowing his brother, Zoella knew this outfit of hers was made based on Noah's request. At that, she could only let out a small chuckle. Thanks to that, her nervousness had ceased.

"Here we are."

Noah opened the tent for them to enter. Inside, there were some maids, a butler, and of course, Elijah and Amelia Leighton.

"You're here, baby. I really miss you."

Amelia strode in Zoella's way and hugged her tightly. It had been a few months since she last saw Zoella and she missed her daughter so much.

"Honey, you hug her too tight."

At her husband's words, Amelia slowly released Zoella from her arms.

"I'm sorry, baby. Are you okay?"

"I'm alright, Mother. I also miss you."

Amelia smiled tenderly as she stroke Zoella's cheek while Elijah patted her head.

"Sir Castor, it's been a while too. Are you going to participate this time? How about Tyrael?"

Hayes shook Elijah's hand briefly before he answered.

"Yes, Count Leighton. It's been quite some time since there's an event like this so I want to participate. But for him, I'd like him to just accompany Zoe here."

Hayes glanced at Noah who nodded slightly, contented with his answer. Besides his Knights, Noah only told Hayes about the black mana matter.

"That's good. I was worried that Zoella will be alone since this is her first time but I guess she'll be fine. I'll leave her in your care, Tyrael."

"Yes, Sir Count."

A delighted smile lightened his face. In events like this, nobles usually interact with each other so Elijah was quite worried about Zoella. But now that Tyrael was here, he could be at ease.

"Then, shall we head out now? They're about to start."

Noah announced.

Shortly after, they all went to take a seat at the same table, except for Noah since he needed to be on duty. At her seat, Zoella's eyes wandered off to another table hoping to find some people she knew. And she found it.

Wearing a dress with a lighter shade of her wavy hair, Bianca Lowell cheerfully waved her hand at Zoella. She waved back at her with a little smile across her face and her eyes started to wander off again.

To her surprise, it was easy to find her friends from Academy, including Jasper and Oscar.

'Good. At least they can help us evacuate these people.'

Zoella let out a sigh. She regained her composure and gave her Mother a little smile when Amelia looked at her with concern.

"Are you okay, dear?"

"Yes, Mother. I just want to look around to see if my friends are here."

Amelia didn't look convinced but she let it slide.

"The Crown Prince, William Dominic Vadian, has arrived."

After someone announced the arrival of the Crown Prince, all of the nobles stood to bow.

"Raise your heads."

Zoella slowly straightened her body and when she looked up at the podium, her heart once again pounded loudly. However this time, it was an entirely different feeling. She didn't even realize that she was smiling.

'Ezekiel.'

He was there, beside Prince William.

It didn't cross her mind that she would see Ezekiel here. Her mind was occupied by the possibility of the ambush by the black mage.

As he felt someone staring at him which rarely happens, Ezekiel who stared at his feet finally looked up and met with a pair of amethyst-like eyes.

His face brightened and he felt the corner of his lips lifted up. He didn't even hear the rest of William's speech and only realized when William was about to finish.

".....Then, let us begin the hunting competition!"