Part 61

"How come... we always lose?... Not even a tie!"

Zoella muttered as she gasped for air. She laid her back on the ground while Tyrael sat beside her.

"It's a hundred years too early for you to get a tie with me, my dear disciple."

Zoella scoffed at Hayes's teasing note. However, she couldn't retort because his words were true. Not to mention, Hayes had so much experience in this kind of fight.

"As expected of Sir Edwin's disciple. Such an amazing skill."

"I have this skill not because I'm that old man's disciple, you punk."

Hayes's bright face turned sour.

An outstretched hand appeared before Zoella's face. Even though it hadn't been long since she started living here, Zoella knew exactly to whom this hand belonged.

"You've worked hard, Zoella."

She took that hand as she raised her body to stand. Before Zoella could respond to Noah, someone wiped her forehead with a towel gently.

It was Amelia.

She carefully wiped Zoella's full of sweat head. Feeling embarrassed, Zoella took the towel off her hand hurriedly.

"I'll do it myself, Mother. I moved a lot just now so I'm quite dirty."

"Why would I care about that, baby? Look, you can't clean yourself thoroughly if you do it on your own."

Amelia took the towel back and started to clean the spot Zoella couldn't reach.

"Let your Mom do it, Zoella. After all, you must be tired from the spar."

With Elijah taking Amelia's side, Zoella couldn't say anything to reject anymore.

"Yes, Father."

The warm feeling enveloped her heart as she could clearly feel that her family cared for her.

Family.

It was an unfamiliar concept for Zoella just a moment ago. But now she could feel the familial love she had longed for.

"It was a really incredible spar, Sir Castor. Even now, I still couldn't believe what I saw."

"You're exaggerating, Count. And, it's too early to be surprised. I believe Zoe and Tyrael can improve their skills even more."

Somehow, Hayes's words sent chills down Elijah's spine.

The fight earlier was so amazing that not only the Knights but Elijah and Noah couldn't take their eyes off of it.

Despite being lost, Zoella and Tyrael could match up with Hayes's movement effectively. If Elijah were to fight Hayes, he didn't have the confidence that he could do it as well as his daughter.

As for Tyrael, Elijah thought that he was still quite overwhelmed by Hayes's magic. Maybe because he wasn't familiar with magic so Tyrael couldn't predict what would happen in a fight like this.

Which is he's correct.

However, his skill with the twin blades was amazing and his instinct was sharp. He could make a remarkable Knight if he continued to train with Hayes.

The teamwork between Zoella and Tyrael was far from bad. They were actually pretty good at covering each other's blind spots. And yet, even though they managed to make Hayes struggle, the two of them still lost.

With their current skills, it was no wonder they lost to Hayes. But, if Hayes said he would hone their skills even more, it was possible that Zoella and Tyrael could take him down.