Part 73

"How's your first tea party, Lady?"

As her usual afternoon, Zoella had her etiquette class with Madam Stefield.

"It went well. Thank you for your advice."

"I'm glad. I hope nobody talks about something weird."

Zoella put on a tiny smile as she stirred the teacup.

'If hearing some Ladies fangirling over my Brother and teacher is not weird, then yes.'

"Any chance you will attend again?"

"If I have a chance, then yes. I also made some friends so I think my next tea party will be easier."

"That's a relief."

Madam Stefield was dazed for a while before she continue her words.

"Well, I guess this is our last class."

Her hand movement paused as Zoella looked at her teacher in surprise. She thought Madam Stefield still had something left to teach her.

"Already?"

"The moment you stepped into the debutante ball, you finished our lesson brilliantly."

Madam Stefield stared at her student while a melancholy feeling filled her heart.

It was two months ago she first met Zoella. The girl who knew nothing about the nobles' world was now the center of attention of it.

'Truly, she is the student I'm most proud of. Not only because she started from zero, but her bravery and her personality that doesn't want to look down upon is admirable.'

Most of her students didn't have that bravery. While it was true they were successful in making a place for themselves in high society, they tended to avoid or be silent about their own problem.

Madam Stefield rose from the sofa followed immediately by Zoella.

"Even though this may be our last class, you're welcome to reach out to me anytime, Lady. As you know, I have a good reputation in high society so if you need me, I will try my best to help."

Zoella approached her teacher with a sad smile on her face. She never thought her class with Madam Stefield was over already. When their distance was only two steps apart, Zoella bowed.

"Thank you so much for your knowledge and time, Madam Stefield. And please, next time just call me Zoe."

Madam Stefield let out a small chuckle.

"Congratulation on finishing your lesson, Zoe."

For the next three weeks, the social season was still going on. Even after Zoella was about to leave for Academy, the parties were held here and there.

Zoella also attended some parties after her first one, but the last week before her departure she decided to stop her social activities and spent her time with her family.

It was such a peaceful time that Zoella overlooked something.

"Lilian, Warren, surely this Lady isn't the Zoella we know, right?"

That her appearance at the debutante ball and social events was all over the news even the commoners knew about her.

Margaret held the newspaper tightly that it wrinkled.

"It's Zoe. Where else will you ever see silver hair like that?"

"Is she lying about her identity to us?"

"Lilian, you know how Zoe is. She's anything but a liar."

"Sigh. Then why didn't she tell us? We gave her our addresses, she could write us a letter."