Part 72

On such a busy morning, a girl with wavy green hair ran all over the place as she commanded her servants.

"Put that decoration over there! How about the cake? Make sure to have every single flavor. I don't know what Lady Leighton likes so bring them all!"

"Yes, Lady Bianca."

The daughter of Baron Lowell, Bianca Lowell, was having a hectic morning after she received a letter from Leighton County a few days ago.

"Calm down, Bianca. You don't need to rush."

Priscilla Lowell, her Mother, spoke gently.

"I can't, Mom. Everything has to be perfect!"

Priscilla shook her head seeing her restless daughter.

On the debutante night, Bianca was mesmerized when Zoella made her entrance. She was even more bewitched when Zoella stood against Dolores Mundford bravely.

At that moment, Bianca really wanted to be friends with Zoella.

After the debutante, Bianca wrote a tea party invitation for Zoella first thing in the morning. She didn't have a high hope but surprisingly, Zoella Leighton accepted her invitation.

That was why Bianca was really busy since dawn preparing her tea party for today. And even though everything had been set beautifully, Bianca couldn't help but feel nervous.

Her guests arrived at her estate one by one. However, Zoella Leighton still hadn't shown her face yet.

Bianca waited for Zoella's arrival in anticipation. The same goes for the other Ladies. Some of them chose to attend Bianca's small tea party after receiving the news that Zoella would attend hers.

After a few minutes of waiting, a white carriage stopped at the gate of the Lowell estate. Bianca's eyes sparkle in excitement the moment she saw the figure who came out of the carriage.

A wide smile appeared on her face as she greeted Zoella.

"Welcome to our estate, Lady Leighton. It's such an honor that you received my humble invitation."

Zoella chuckled at the sight before her. Despite Bianca's effort to stay calm, her voice betrayed her. It trembled from an uncontrollable excitement that made Zoella relieved because she made the right choice.

"Thank you so much for your invitation, Lady. It's nothing much but I hope you will accept this small gift."

"Oh my, thank you so much! I'll make sure to treasure this, Lady Leighton. Please, this way."

Bianca walked side by side with Zoella to the garden where all the Ladies had gathered.

"Seems like I'm the last person to arrive."

"Oh no, Lady Leighton. We are simply excited for this party that we ended up arriving a bit early."

"That's right, Lady."

Zoella put on a grateful smile. She sat on the seat right beside Bianca, the host of this party. There were 10 Ladies here, including Zoella and Bianca.

It was intentional since Bianca only wanted a small party. Even though there were some people who would like to attend, Bianca refused them.

And lucky for Zoella, she was quite familiar with the faces here since some of them introduced themselves to her at the ball.

'It turned out better than expected. I need to thank Madam Stefield for recommending this one.'

Zoella didn't know what a tea party was about and Madam Stefield only told her to have fun and nothing more. Now that she was here, Zoella understood why Madam Stefield told her that.

She and the other Ladies were doing nothing but eat and share their stories. The topic was also random and they just talk about small fun things.

A gathering to have fun. That was what Zoella thought about at this tea party.

"How about you, Lady Leighton?"

"Yes?"

Zoella paused her hand that was about to lift the teacup. She put down the cup on the saucer slowly.

"We're talking about our ideal type in a man."

"Ahh..."

Zoella didn't really pay attention since she didn't talk much.

"Our Crown Prince is considered the best groom in the Empire. His brilliant golden eyes and shiny blonde hair will absolutely captive anyone's heart. Not to mention his companion will be the future empress."

"Speaking of golden eyes, I heard Grand Duke Lucelence is also attractive."

Zoella took a cookie while her ears were still fully focused listening to her new friend's story.

"You're right. My sister met him by chance one time and she said he has this mysterious aura around him."

"If we're talking about the best groom then we can't leave out Sir Hayes Castor. He's a bit older than us but love can conquer anything, right?"

Zoella flinched when she heard the name of her teacher being mentioned. She needed to keep her smile on her face with all her might when one of the Ladies talked about Hayes.

Hayes was 26 years old this year but he got a lot of Ladies both his age and way younger than him who fawned over him. And yet Hayes still didn't set his eyes on any of them.

"That's right. Every time I look at his bloody red eyes, they are like wild beasts that won't let go of their prey. It's so captivating."

"And of course, we can't leave Sir Noah Leighton out of the picture."

'My Brother?'

Zoella's ears perked with interest.

"He's really polite and kind-hearted. And when he smiled, you can say nothing can beat its beauty."

"Say, Lady Leighton. Is your Brother... interested in someone?"

All of a sudden, all eyes were on Zoella. She cleared her throat as she thought about the best answer that would satisfy them.

"I'm not sure. My Brother didn't really leave the house unless it was necessary and he never brought a Lady to our estate. So I don't think he has someone like that."

"That's how it is."

"Speaking of which, all the best groom candidates are older than us."

Zoella had thought about it for a while but her friends didn't really talk about the men who just had their debut.

"Of course they are. They have all the requirements to be the best candidate."

"Status, appearance, manners, and most importantly, money."

'So that's how it is. Since most of the debutants are getting ready to get married off, of course, those requirements are a must.'

Zoella found it quite strange when she heard as soon as a person had their debut, their family would search for a companion for them. They either had an engagement first or got married right away.

Back in her world, most people prioritized their careers first than anything else. It wasn't unusual for someone to get married when they were in their thirties.

"Sure there are some Young Masters who have all of that but they are still in the Academy."

"Lady Leighton also goes to Datmonia Academy, right?"

"That's right. After receiving special training from my teacher, he wanted me to have formal education for my future."

"As expected from Sir Castor."

"Then, please tell us about the Academy."

"Oh well. To get accepted to the Academy, everyone needs to take an entrance exam. And there are five departments so you can choose..."

And so, Zoella and her new friends spent the rest of the party time talking about her days in Academy.