Part 66

A pair of violet eyes glared at the noble in rage. Noah's grip on his hand slowly became tighter causing him to scream.

"S-Sister?"

Noah threw the man aside and quickly checked on his Sister.

"Young Master, that bitc... I mean that girl... I didn't know she was your sister. Had I known beforehand I-"

That noble tried his best to find a suitable excuse. But Noah didn't even care about him.

"Get lost."

The man flinched at Noah's harsh words before he ran off with his Knights. Noah's gaze softened as he looked at Zoella and patted her head.

"Sorry, Zoe. I shouldn't have left you."

"It's alright, Brother. More than that..."

Zoella turned toward the little girl behind her. She knelt down to the same eye level as the girl. She placed her hands on the girl's shoulders and pressed them gently.

"Little girl, you didn't steal anything, right?"

"No, Sister. It's true that I am hungry but I never steal anything. I just looked at his bread because it looked delicious."

The little girl confessed with a small voice afraid that Zoella might hit her like the man did.

"I see. Brother, can we buy something for her?"

The girl's ears perked up at Zoella's words.

"Sure, whatever you want."

"Sister, can I buy something for my friends as well?"

"Yeah, of course. Come on."

Zoella held the girl's hand and took her to the nearest bakery shop. With Noah's money, she bought a large amount of bread for the girl.

They took the girl to the orphanage she stayed in and also gave the bread they bought to the orphanage's director. She was really shocked and grateful at the same time.

"Thank you so much, sister."

"Don't get in trouble next time, okay?"

The girl nodded vigorously and went back to the orphanage building. Zoella kept staring at the girl's small back until she disappeared behind the door.

Zoella remembered when she used to be like that girl back then.

Seeing today's incident, Zoella suddenly recalled the moment she first met Hayes. He told her that he understood the situation after Zoella told him that she came from an orphanage.

She didn't understand back then but now she did. Those times were also the times when she felt alone in this foreign world.

"Let's go home, Zoe."

Zoella smiled at her brother. She held his hand tight and walk side by side with him while Hayes and Tyrael walked behind them.

That's right. Now, she had a new home and a new family she cherished the most.

***

"Welcome to the capital, My Lord."

A butler and two rows of servants greeted the arrival of their master. As the debutante ball day was getting closer, Elijah decided to immediately go to his mansion in the capital once Zoella's preparation had been completed.

"Thank you. Did you prepare everything like I told you?"

"Certainly, My Lord."

When Alfred, the butler, raised his head, he was stunned to the ground the moment he laid eyes on a girl who held a cage in her hands.

Alfred didn't need to ask who the girl was to his master. He knew right away that the lost Young Lady of the Leighton family had finally back.

On the Young Lady's right side, there were two men that Alfred only recognized one of them. Naturally, the one he knew was Hayes Castor, the youngest 5th-grade mage in the empire.

"Lead Sir Castor and his disciple to their rooms. Zoella, I'll show you your room."

Zoella quickly followed her father with Emma behind her. On the way to her room, Zoella couldn't stop looking at the house's interiors.

She knew that it was completely normal for nobles to have multiple luxurious houses. But for Zoella who lived as a commoner for as long as she could remember, it still shocked her to see how big this house was.

It was even bigger than the one in their territory.

"Here it is. If you don't like it, tell me. I'll change it to a better room."

'A better room? What could be better than this one?!'

Zoella was screaming inside. This room was even grander than her previous room.

"I like it, Father. This room feels really nice."

"Is that so? That's good. I'll go to the office now and if you need anything just call the servant."

After Elijah disappeared from their sight, Zoella and Emma entered her new room. While Emma was busy putting her Lady's clothes in the wardrobe, Zoella was busy looking for a good spot for Eirwen's cage.

She decided to put it near the window as she did in her previous room. Zoella opened the cage as she carefully took Eirwen out of it.

"I'm still amazed by how obedient your bird is, My Lady."

Emma, who had done her job, approached Zoella with her eyes fixed on Eirwen.

"I know right? He's such a good boy."

'Sorry Emma, I can't tell you that Eirwen isn't exactly a bird.'

Zoella stared at Eirwen who calmly sat on her hand. Because of the illusion spell that Hayes cast on him, even Zoella couldn't see Eirwen's true form.

What Zoella saw was the same as everyone around her. A tiny white bird. And Zoella didn't have any complaints since it made Eirwen look cute.

"Do you want to take a walk around the mansion, My Lady?"

"Sure. But, have you been here before, Emma?"

"I haven't too. That's why I ask if you want to look around, My Lady."

Emma scratched the back of her head which Zoella was certain didn't feel itchy at all.

"Come on."

Zoella placed Eirwen on her right shoulder before she left the room followed by Emma.

The two of them started roaming around the mansion to get to know this place. As a result, Zoella found some information from the servants who conversed with her earlier.

Even though the Leighton territory was in the western region, both Elijah and Noah often came to the capital because of their work.

Since Elijah had retired, only Noah stayed in the mansion as he took over his father's position. The three of them also stayed in the capital together sometimes. Whether it was because of work or only for vacation.

"Would you like a cupcake, My Lady?"

"Yes, please."

Zoella beamed at the sight of the chocolate cupcake in the chef's hand. She and Emma stayed in the kitchen while enjoying the snacks they were given.

"I heard you'll have your debutante in the palace, My Lady."

"Yes. I'm quite nervous about it."

Zoella answered the chef's question while fiddling with her cupcake.

"It's normal to feel that way. But I'm sure, it'll be one of the best days you ever have."

The chef's kind words warmed Zoella's heart. She too hoped only sweet memories will be engraved on that day.