Part 67

Knock knock~

"Excuse me, Your Excellency."

Ezekiel only nodded his head without stopping his hand movements on the document. Even so, the butler continued his report.

"His Highness the Crown Prince is here."

"Send him in."

The butler bowed and left the office after he got his Lord's order.

"Why didn't you visit the palace more often, Ezekiel? This brother is sad, you know."

William Vadian said as he casually sat on the sofa in front of the desk. Ezekiel didn't bat an eye at this Crown Prince and continued to focus on the document.

"You're not my brother. Also, what business do I have that requires me to visit the palace?"

As he was already used to Ezekiel's indifferent behavior, William could only emit a sigh.

"Don't you have some matters you need to tend to, Your Highness?"

William's eyebrows twitched. It was Ezekiel's way to tell him that he needed to leave soon.

"They're not urgent matters so it's fine. Would you let me breathe a little?"

Ezekiel didn't answer. He knew exactly why William suddenly showed up in his estate like this. It wasn't the first or second, but many times already.

The palace must be crowded by the nobles by now. The reason was the debutante ball that will be held in three days.

The nobles didn't want to waste any opportunities to form a close relationship with the royal family during this period of time.

"By the way, I heard some interesting news. Count Leighton's long-lost daughter will be participating in this year's ball."

Ezekiel's hand stopped. There was only one person he could think of when William said 'Count Leighton'.

Zoella.

That girl resembled Noah Leighton so much that one wouldn't believe it if they said they weren't siblings.

"You won't attend the ball again this year, right?"

"I'll go."

"What?"

William was appalled that he wondered if he heard it wrong.

"I said I'll go."

Ezekiel answered with his eyes still glued to the paper. William looked at Ezekiel in disbelief.

After his own debut, Ezekiel never attended the ball again. But now he suddenly said that he wanted to go. Of course, William would be shocked.

"Alright. I'll send you the invitation later."

Ezekiel nodded. He lowered his head as much as he could to hide his uncontrollable smile. His heart thumped loudly at the thought that he could meet Zoella again soon.

Only three days. But three days felt so long for him. And on the other side, three days arrived so fast for Zoella.

The debutante day finally arrived.

Since morning, the maids had been so busy helping Zoella prepare for tonight. Starting from the bath, spas, massage, hair treatment, make-up, and finally putting on the dress and jewels.

"You're all set, My Lady."

Emma looked at Zoella with a satisfied look on her face.

The white silver simple yet elegant dress fitted perfectly on her body. A low-high dress with patterned small gemstones as the ornament made Zoella's silver hair illuminated even more.