Part 68

"Oh my god, is she really the daughter of Count Leighton?"

"What do we do now? If she were to tell her family about what we did..."

"Not to mention, her brother is the Royal Knight Captain."

Hearing her friends' words made Blaire's mind go blank. It sent chills down her spine when she imagined what would happen if Zoella revealed all the things Blaire did in Academy.

She didn't even have a place in high society yet. If that happened, forget about society, Blaire might need to lock herself up in her estate forever.

"All of you be quiet."

Blaire tried to calm her pounding hard and said.

"Don't get near that girl tonight. Just avoid her. Don't even make eye contact with her."

Blaire gritted her teeth when she saw Zoella happily talking with her family. Tonight was supposed to be the night where Blaire make a place for herself in high society. And yet Zoella's appearance ruined it.

'Zoella Rae.'

On the other side, Zoella became much more relaxed than she was in the beginning. Being surrounded by her loved ones truly helped her to calm her nerve.

"His Highness The Crown Prince entering the room."

A blonde-haired man dressed in such a luxurious outfit, William Vadian, finally entered the room.

'That guy, where on earth is he?'

William was planning to enter the room together with Ezekiel. However, he didn't catch a glimpse of him until now. William couldn't delay the ball any longer and decided to enter alone.

All nobles bowed to William when he looked at them. His eyes observed the faces in the hall but he still couldn't find Ezekiel. Instead, William managed to recognize the returned Lady Leighton as she stood right beside Noah.

"Raise your head. For those who have their debut today, I sincerely congrats you all for becoming an adult. I hope with this new generation, the future of our beloved Vadian Empire will be bright and full of prosperity. Let the ball begin."

Once William sat on his throne, the music started to play. It was time for the first dance.

"May I have this dance, Lady?"

Noah bowed and gave Zoella his prettiest smile.

"It's my pleasure, Young Master."

Noah took her sister to the dance floor. Both of them bowed to each other before they started dancing.

"Brother, can I ask why only the Crown Prince is present at this ball?"

"His Majesty fell sick some months ago and has yet to recover. So the Crown Prince has been doing all of the King's duties now."

"I see."

Noah and Zoella continued to enjoy themselves in this dance. Strangely enough, Zoella felt less tense than when she was still training.

"Brother, how old are you again?"

Noah's forehead wrinkled at the sudden change of topic.

"23. Why?"

"No, I just can feel the stares of those noble ladies on you. It's as if they're ready to pounce on you anytime."

"Ugh, don't say that. I don't want to deal with them anymore."

Zoella chuckled at her brother's desperate voice. Without them realized, the first dance was over. When Zoella was about to approach Noah, a bunch of noble ladies suddenly appeared out of nowhere and came to her.