Part 85

After Prince William made his speech, the nobles scattered all around the place. The young noblemen were busy choosing some weapons with their Knights while the older ones, who didn't participate in the competition, sat together and talked.

The same applied to the noblewomen. There were some of them who participate in the competition but mostly didn't.

As for Zoella and Tyrael, they lost sight of Hayes after he told them to keep their word. And now, they were standing near her family's tent while observing the situation.

"I knew you will attend it."

Zoella's ears perked after they recognize the voice.

"Jasper."

But not only him, some of her classmates also followed him to meet Zoella. As he was about to say something, Jasper's eyes met Tyrael.

"I see a new face here."

"Ah, right. This is Tyrael Whitlock. A student in the Swordsmanship department and Sir Hayes's second disciple."

Zoella carefully waited for her friend's reaction after she introduced Tyrael like that.

"So, you are that guy. Pleasured to meet you, I am Jasper Ortis."

Contrary to her expectation, their reaction was way better than she thought. Jasper even stretched out his hand first to Tyrael.

Somehow, this made Zoella feel unfair.

"Tyrael Whitlock. Nice to meet you too."

"Hold on. You said, that guy... did you know about him?"

Zoella questioned after she realized the way Jasper reacted.

"I heard a new talent appeared in the Swordsmanship department but I didn't have a chance to find out."

She glanced at Tyrael with curiosity in her eyes. But Tyrael didn't budge and continued to introduce himself to other people.

"Zoella, you look so stunning! Where did you get this outfit fitted?"

Lucia exclaimed as she hold Zoella's hands.

"I don't really know. I received this yesterday from my brother."

"Oh my! Sir Noah does have a nice taste."

Zoella could only smile hearing her friends praised her brother like that. She still couldn't get used to this, where some people fangirling over someone she knew.

"Seems like Prince William is ready to depart."

True to their word, Zoella could see Prince William accompanied by some Knights and his most trusted person, Ezekiel Lucelence, galloped their horses into the forest.

After them, some nobles also went inside the forest with their own Knights.

"Wait, are you not going to participate?"

Zoella just realized that none of her friends left their spots yet.

"I told you it'd be interesting to watch. Not to participate."

Jasper replied with a smug grin on his face. Seeing that made Zoella roll her eyes. It felt like the amount of annoying people in her life just grow and grow. Though, she didn't hate it.

***

On the other side, Hayes who spent some time roaming around the forest still tried to pinpoint the black mana he felt. The black mana was somehow spread around the forest but at the same time, Hayes also felt the flow of mana.

'Just what is going on here? That sly bastard really...'

Hayes's train of thought stopped when he heard a group of horses getting closer. Through his mana, he knew that the people approaching him were not black mages. So, he didn't do anything and waited until he could see those people.

"Sir Castor, fancy seeing you here."

"Hayes Castor greets you, Your Highness."

Hayes bowed as soon as he saw Prince William on his horse. He didn't expect to see the Prince here. Neither he wanted to.

"Are you alone by any chance? Do you want to join us?"

William got off his horse and approached Hayes with a light smile on his face.

"I'm flattered by your offer but I need to decline. I'm here not to participate in the competition."

William's forehead wrinkled after he heard Hayes's answer. If he didn't participate in the competition, then there was no need for him to be here. Unless there was something he was suspicious about and he tried to investigate it himself. Knowing Hayes, it was likely possible.

"I trust you will notify the Knights if something happens."

"Do not worry, Your Highness. The information I get will reach them within seconds through my disciples."

Ezekiel's ears perked up at the mention of Hayes's disciples. He waited for Hayes to explain it furthermore but he didn't.

After he made eye contact with Zoella, he didn't have a chance to talk to her because she was surrounded by her friends. And also because William forcefully took him to the hunting ground.

"Is that so? I'll leave you to it then."

"Yes, Your Highness. Then I..."

Hayes stopped in the middle of his sentence. He felt an abnormal wave of energy from all over direction in the forest. He closed his eyes as he enhanced the mana he spread around the forest. And then, he felt it. The ones he used to encounter and fight.

Monsters.

"Your Highness, please command your Knights to spread out in this forest immediately. I will take care of the most urgent one."

Before William could respond, Hayes ran as fast as he could to the east side of the forest.

'Shit! Why are the monsters going to this forest all of a sudden? This forest is supposed to be safe!'

While he could feel the distance between him and the monsters approaching, Hayes could hear the scream of some people ahead of him.

'I hope I'm not too late.'

Hayes prepared his mana after he could see a group of ogres going on a rampage and attacking the nobles and their Knights. Hayes directed the ball of mana in his hand to the ogres while avoiding the Knights and...

BOOMMM!

A few ogres died on its impact. The nobles and their Knights looked at Hayes with relief expressions on their faces.

Hayes took out his sword and started to kill the remaining ogres with ease. He observed the situation of the Knights and the nobles. Only a few people were injured but no one died.

"What happened here?"

Hayes hissed. He was angry because he couldn't prevent this from happening.

"We also didn't understand, Sir Castor. When we were hunting some animals, those monsters suddenly went our way."

One of the Knights explained. Hayes calmed himself as he continue to observe the ground. He could feel the trace of black mana there. Strangely, it felt like it was coated in mana so if someone wasn't attentive enough, they would certainly miss it.

After some time, Hayes could deduce how these monsters suddenly came to this forest. And he could guess more monsters would come after he saw the injured people.

"Zoe, evacuate everyone from there. A lot of monsters will come from all directions from this forest. When I say a lot, it's probably more than you can imagine. Don't force yourself."

Hayes took those people with him to leave the forest as soon as he sent the message to Zoella. He knew it would take time for him to get out of this forest so he hoped that girl would listen to him.