Part 62

BRAKKK

"Teacher!"

At the sudden loud noise caused by his disciple, Hayes spurted the coffee he drank.

"WHAT?!"

"A ball... Me... Dance... Attend!"

Zoella stuttered like a broken toy. It was quite a sight to see her like this. Looks like the news about the debutante ball had shaken her up.

"Ah, that. Take a seat first."

Without saying anything, Zoella followed his words obediently. She sat on the sofa beside Hayes.

"Do I have to go?"

"Of course, you have to. Not to mention with your status now, strange rumors will appear if you don't attend since the news about you had spread widely. Oh well, even if you're not a noble I'd still drag you to the ball anyway."

Hayes said leisurely as he put down his coffee cup.

The debutante ball, commonly known as a coming-of-age ceremony was a ball that marks the introduction of young people into the world of adults.

After young people completed the ceremony, they are seen as adults. And it was common for the debutant to seek a potential marriage partner in this ball. Even her parents also met for the first time at this ball.

"It's just a ball. Think of it as an experience to interact with the noble's world."

Her teacher was right.

Upon hearing about the return of Leighton's youngest daughter, a lot of letters came to her along with an invitation to a small tea party. Zoella had rejected them by saying she wanted to make up for the lost time with her family.

Because of that, Zoella never interacted with any other nobles outside her family.

"What if I make a mistake?"

Hayes stared at Zoella who looked anxious. He had expected this reaction since the situation was similar when she first stepped into the Academy.

"You don't need to worry too much, Zoe. I'll be by your side."

"You will?"

"I will. Me and Tyrael, we both will be there for you."

"I guess you can get in since you're also a noble and have a quite position but Tyrael... what are you scheming, teacher?"

Zoella's gaze instantly became sharp. Knowing her teacher, she couldn't fathom what was going on in his mind.

"It's nothing. Come on now, return to your nest and take a bath. Dinner will be served soon, bye!"

Hayes shut the door right before Zoella's face. That attitude of his made Zoella sure that her teacher was up to something.

"Good luck, Tyrael."

Zoella mumbled as she left Hayes's room.

The thought of her upcoming debutante ball kept bothering her mind. Even now at the dinner table, Zoella couldn't focus on her meal.

"You alright, Zoe?"

At Noah's gentle voice, Zoella blinked a few times before she nodded slightly since her mouth was still full.

"Zoe?"

Elijah frowned.

"We have become closer so it's natural for me to call my sister by her nickname, right?"

Noah said with a conceited look on his face. Elijah's hands slightly trembled as he glared at his son.

'This brat. I haven't even called her by her nickname yet.'