Part 52

At the entrance of the elven village, Zoella and Hayes waited for Tyrael to bring the village's chief. They need his permission for entering the village since they were an outsider.

This village was no different from the human village. The only thing different was there were some guards in front of the entrance.

The three of them almost got attacked by the guards because of Eirwen. But it was thanks to him that they could arrive at the village this fast.

"Just how did you do it? Tame this guy, I mean."

Hayes broke the silence. The two of them sat on the ground while leaning on Eirwen's sturdy but soft body. Ever since they rode on Eirwen, Hayes couldn't get this question out of his mind.

He also wanted to ride a griffin instead of a horse. He thought it would look cool if he did.

"I mean, you saw me do it. Ah, why don't you give it a try?"

Zoella said excitedly. She also didn't expect her silly idea worked.

Hayes took a glance at Zoella before he stood up to face Eirwen. Hayes remembered that Zoella only bowed for a moment and then stretched her hands.

He did the same thing as Zoella but Eirwen didn't budge.

"I feel like an idiot."

Hayes looked dejected because Eirwen refused him.

"Maybe... it's because I already tamed him. Cheer up, teacher. Let's get you an untamed griffin later."

"That's right! I'll tame one myself!"

Hayes looked resolute with his words.

The sound of footsteps caught their attention. An elf that looked like Edwin's age walked toward their direction with a few elves including Tyrael behind him.

The elf stopped a few steps away from Hayes and Zoella. His sharp eyes stared at them intently.

"Which one of you is Edwin's disciple?"

The cold voice from the elf made Zoella shiver slightly. Hayes stepped forward with his head high.

"I am."

The elf and Hayes glared at each other. They looked like in a cold war that no one dares to interrupt.

"Say, how would you describe your teacher?"

"A uselessly genius old man."

The elves were flabbergasted after hearing Hayes's words while Zoella could only sigh.

Zoella understood that Hayes didn't really like Edwin even though he was his teacher. It was because of Edwin's strict personality and always following the rules. Completely the opposite of Hayes's wild personality.

The elf smiled a little. If Hayes answered him with an excessive compliment about Edwin he would imprison him right away.

The elf knew about Edwin's disciple since he always grumbled about it in his letters. Edwin always said that his disciple was someone who didn't have any manners. There was nothing good in him except his face and his talent.

However, the other elves didn't know about it. The moment they heard Hayes's answer, they expected their elder would punish him.

"You're right. He's uselessly genius."

This time, the elf spoke in a soft voice. The elves behind him once again were in shock. Their elder who always scold them when they made fun of Edwin let the human get away with it.