Part 9

The Academy was really big. Someone might mistake it for a mansion if they didn't know about it. It has a really big garden, a fountain, and also a training ground.

"Sir Castor, I have been waiting for you."

Suddenly, a man with a servant-like uniform rushed in Hayes's direction. He looked like in his forties and he was wearing glasses.

"Bert, thank you for coming here."

"It is no problem, sir. This lady must be the disciple that you mentioned in the letter."

His eyes turned toward Zoella. She managed to give him a little smile despite her surprise. His eyes looked at her from head to toe.

"She is. Her name is Zoella Rae and Zoella this is my butler, Bert."

"Pleasure to meet you, Lady Zoella."

"Y- Yes."

Bert bowed to Zoella and because she was still not familiar with the etiquette, she also did the same thing as Bert.

Clap~

"That's enough introductions. Bert, can you bring our luggage to our house? And don't forget to get my order from Taliesin Blacksmith."

"Certainly, Sir."

Bert gave a sign to the other servants to come and take their luggage. Once they have done, Bert bowed once more before taking his leave. Zoella glared at Hayes demanding an explanation through her eyes.

"I'll explain it to you later, now we need to go to the administration office."

Zoella nodded and walked to the administration room with Hayes. She observed the academy again on the way there.

There were many people her age with their parents. She assumed they were also enrolled in this academy.

Hayes tapped her shoulder and entered a room.

"Sir Castor, what brought you here today?"

A woman behind the desk greeted Hayes with a surprised expression. Hayes usually comes to Academy when the lesson was about to start. But now he came even before the entrance exam was conducted. He even brought a kid on top of that.

"I'd like to enroll my disciple into this Academy."

"Disciple?!"

The woman shouted. It was known that Hayes never took in a disciple before. That was why she couldn't help but be very surprised.

"Yes. I already fill out the form so you just need to check it."

"Y- Yes, Sir. Please give me a second."

Her hand trembled when she received the document from Hayes.

'This guy.'

Zoella determined to get a full explanation from Hayes later. She didn't even know when Hayes went and got the form.

'At least he could ask me to go with him!'

Zoella was not mad. She was just annoyed. This matter was related to her so she felt like she should know or go with him to fetch the form. It was also because she didn't want to be a burden to her teacher.

Until now, she only received kindness from Hayes and his family. However, Zoella couldn't do anything in return. Therefore, she wanted to help them in any way she could even though it was a trivial thing.

"There is no problem with the form. The exam will start tomorrow at 8 and the result will be sent to your house 3 days later."

"Thank you. We will go now."

They got out of the room and for some reason, Hayes seemed to rush to the front gate. No, he was actually running.

Zoella frowned but she didn't get the time to ask so she just followed him and run. Once they got into the carriage, Hayes told the coachman to depart.

"Why... are you... running?"

Zoella was out of breath because she tried to catch up with Hayes. On the other hand, the man in front of her had a confused look on his face.

"Honestly you don't have to run too. I was running because I don't want to bump into some annoying people."

Zoella was stunned. So she was running for absolutely nothing!

What's done is done. She only could take a deep breath to calm her furious heart. First, he said he was a teacher, and then a butler suddenly came, and then he filled her entrance form without her knowing, and now she ran with him for nothing.

"You need to absolutely explain everything!"

Her stare was letting out such a menacing aura. Hayes could only nod his head and kept his mouth shut until they arrived at his mansion.

Hayes asked the maids to bring in some refreshments before the two of them sat on the sofa in the parlor. After the refreshments were served, Hayes started his explanation.

Just as he said, he was a cousin of Viscount Naylor, a swordsman, and the youngest 5th-grade mage. Because of that, some departments tried to recruit him such as the magic ministry and the royal knight brigade.

But with his character, he didn't want to be tied down and wanted to be free to do anything he want. So, he tried some jobs and decided to settle in to be a teacher.

Even so, they still haven't given up on him yet. Some people also tried to get closer to him and wanted to make him their vassal. That was why Hayes rather run away than deal with those annoying people.

"I see. Then, what about you confronting the magic minister or blowing up some terrorist resident?"

Hayes flinched because he never told any of that to her. He sighed after a suspect came to his mind.

"Harriet must have told you. Well, it was boring just to be a teacher. So I added a little bit of adventure."

He said that casually and leaned his back on the sofa.

Zoella's expression turned odd. Now she completely agreed with Harriet. Her teacher was crazy. If you're a teacher then be a teacher. Why did you need to do such actions?

"Anyway Teacher, that lady said there will be an exam. What do I need to learn?"

"You've learned everything. History, magic theory, and ancient language."

Zoella felt relieved after hearing that. She thought she needed to study many things just a day before the exam. She didn't want to admit it but she was grateful that Hayes made her read those thick books.

Since she was confident that she still memorized the contents, Zoella decided that today she would rest and do nothing at all.