Part 81

Datmonia Academy.

A reputable place that guarantees the best for the students.

The best teachers.

The best facility.

The best curriculum.

People said you don't have to worry about your future after graduating from Datmonia Academy since any place would love to recruit alumni of Datmonia Academy.

Nowadays, the Academy was famous for another reason—the appearance of Hayes Castor's disciple who was also the young Lady of House Leighton. The news about Hayes's disciple alone was enough to cause turbulence within the Empire. And the fact that she was the lost young Lady of House Leighton made it blow up even more.

Those two things made people outside the Academy curious about the rumored young Lady. As such, many newspapers contained the story of the disciple's deed within the Academy that somehow was leaked outside.

"Considerably the most intense duel between the disciples of the greatest swordsmen. As we predicted, Lady Leighton won without putting in much effort. Is it a sign of a newly born hero? What do you think Zoe?"

"Teacher, I beg you with all my heart. Please, stop reading that. That is so embarrassing."

Zoella covered her face while Hayes was laughing his heart out after reading an article about Zoella. The duel took place just a day ago and today their fight made the headline. Knowing this, Hayes couldn't help but call Zoella to his office and tease her with the article.

"Alright, sorry. I'll stop now, hahaha."

"You say that but you laughed so hard that you teared up."

Zoella mumbled under her breath as she waited for her teacher to cease his laughter. After some time, Hayes managed to calm down and put the newspaper aside.

"Well, how does it feel?"

"What?"

"Becoming the center of public's attention."

Zoella didn't answer immediately. She used to become the center of attention because people didn't like the things she did. But, it was different this time. Zoella became some kind of public figure. And she didn't know what to feel about that.

Seeing his disciple look down and didn't answer, Hayes spoke.

"It'll be a double edge sword for you. Surely, you know what I mean, right?"

"Yes."

Zoella's voice sounded glum. After all, she already had a taste of how people could go from admiring her to pointing their fingers at her. She still could feel that disgusting feeling creeping up her spine. And now, Zoella needed to prepare for more of that feeling to come.

"Right. I heard that kid caused some trouble for you?"

"Kid?"

Zoella tilted her head at the confusion of the change of topic.

"You know, your fierce opponent?"

Zoella groaned as she buried her head on the table. It seemed like this teacher of hers wouldn't stop teasing her anytime soon.

"Well?"

Hayes's voice sounded amused as he waited for the answer.

"Uhm, I didn't know if I'd call it trouble."

"So, what did he do?"

"At the first hour, he came to our class, knelt, and begged me to train him. His friends later caught him and dragged him out and apologized to us. The same thing repeated four times in different places."

Hayes let out a big sigh. He thought Zoella had a quite tough heart after he saw her deal with the enemies. But, what about someone who was not an enemy? Her heart would become soft.

'She couldn't call it trouble? Good thing it was Zoella who was being pestered. If it were me...'

Hayes looked at Zoella's uncertain gaze while he thought of a way to put his words nicely.

"Zoe, don't you just want to castrate him?"

In the end, he couldn't.

"Come on now, he's a good kid. He just needs to be taught some manners."

Zoella, who was already used to Hayes's blunt personality, replied nonchalantly. Truthfully, Zoella didn't have any issue teaching Oscar. However, she didn't know how his teacher would react to this considering the fact that he was Hayes's rival.

"Teacher, what do you think of Sir Guseman?"

Hayes's eyebrows knotted as he mumbled the word Guseman. It took a while before he finally remembered.

"Oh! You mean Ashton Guseman, right? Hmm, as long as I remember, he was a big muscled guy who is obsessed with swords. I don't know anything more than that."

"Of course..."

Zoella thinned her lips. She expected this kind of answer from Hayes since he didn't care about anyone around him but was still a bit disappointed.

"Then, I'll go back to the dorm now. I'll see you tomorrow, teacher."

As she was about to exit Hayes's room, his voice halted her movement.

"Zoe, you know you can do anything you want, right? Don't think about anything else."

A faint smile lightened her face. In the end, Hayes always knew what to say to make Zoella feel better.

"Yes. I'll go now."

Zoella left the teacher's office with a light heart. As she made her way through the corridor, Zoella saw Anthony Hart walking in her direction.

When she walked past him, Zoella lowered her head a bit and continued to walk.

"Quite the skills you showed yesterday, Miss Leighton."

Zoella stopped and turned to face Anthony as soon as she heard his voice. Before her, Anthony faced her with a thin smile.

"Not at all, Sir. In fact, I still need to learn more."

"And passionate about learning more. Sir Castor sure got the perfect diamond to craft."

Anthony's smile grew wider.

All of a sudden, Zoella felt nervous. Her surrounding became quiet. Too quiet. As if there was only her and Anthony in this place.

Zoella tore her gaze from Anthony's eyes as she felt a shudder creep up her neck. There was something in his eyes that made her uncomfortable.

"Then, I'll see you another time, Sir."

Zoella bowed and quickly got out of there. Even when she walked away, Zoella could still feel Anthony's eyes lingering on her. She fastened her pace and only slowed the moment her eyes caught a glimpse of her friends.

As she got near, Zoella could see there was someone else besides her friends. The one who had been following her around all day.

Oscar Verwood.

Margaret approached her and with a small voice, she whispered.

"We tried to make him leave but he insisted on seeing you in person. Again."

Her voice sounded apologetic. Zoella squeezed her shoulder lightly and nodded.

"Senior!"

Oscar shouted as soon as Zoella came into his view. Zoella looked at him with uncertainty. She wondered if the decision she made was the right one.

'Well, I'll know when I start it.'