Part 75

Thus, Zoella's second year at Datmonia Academy had started. Lilian and Warren seemed to be doing their job very well. Tyrael had adapted to his new life in disguise as a human and even made some new friends.

Even so, Tyrael preferred to be with Zoella and her friends since they were more trustworthy.

"It doesn't make any sense."

"What do you mean, Zoe?"

Margaret asked when she heard Zoella grumbling under her breath.

"This guy."

Zoella pointed at Tyrael who sat across her.

"How the hell did he get so many friends like that? It's kinda unfair that I need to struggle first before I can get along with mine."

Even though her relationship with her classmate had improved greatly, Zoella still remembered they used to avoid her and wanted nothing to do with her. She, of course, knew that Blaire Edel was the person behind all that.

"Maybe you're just not really great at making frie-"

Tyrael stopped in mid-sentence as he caught a flying fork right before his eyes.

"Real mature, Zoella."

He placed the fork back on Zoella's plate while the girl rolled her eyes.

"Well, Tyrael is Sir Edwin's relative so I'm sure they want to get on his good side."

Zoella frowned at Lilian's words.

"If that's the case, shouldn't they also want to get on my good side? My teacher's reputation is so great."

After learning with Madam Stefield, Zoella finally had a grasp of how much influence Hayes Castor had. His influence was even bigger than Ephraim, the Prime Minister of Magic himself.

"It's not that simple, Zoe. While it's true that was supposed to be the case, jealousy and arrogance can make people blind. Our principal often accepted an offer to teach some nobles' children, that's why a lot of nobles liked him. But, Sir Castor... you know how he is."

Zoella looked straight at Warren as she waited for him to continue his explanation.

"Moreover, you were a commoner when he first introduced you as his disciple so of course, their pride must be shattered."

"I personally think that the personality of the students in our department is so different from the Swordsmanship department."

Margaret finally let out her voice after a while.

"In our department, you can clearly tell who the nobles are if you observe their behavior."

Zoella nodded in agreement.

"But that's not the case in the Swordsmanship department. We even experienced it ourselves in the collaborative class, Zoe. The students in the Swordsmanship department treat everyone equally whether they are nobles or commoners."

Now that Margaret pointed it out, Zoella just realized that it was true.

In her class, only a few nobles were willing to make friends with the commoners. However, in the collaborative class, Zoella couldn't tell which one was noble or commoner since they looked so comfortable with each other.

"That's true. What makes them so different? We're in the same Academy."

"I'll tell you the reason."

Lilian sipped her water before she continued.

"On our first day in the Swordsmanship department, we have to make an oath. We swore to throw away our title to bring justice with our swords. While we hold a sword, we are nothing but a human who chooses to wield it."