Part 20

And so, a month went by. This morning, the sun was exceptionally bright as if to cheer up all the creatures. However, one creature started her day feeling down.

"Sigh. I'm bored."

Zoella let out a big sigh as she dazed outside the window. Since her three friends weren't in the dorm, she didn't have anything to do.

Lilian, Margaret, and Warren decided to visit their homes. The Academy allowed the students to go back to their houses at the end of the month.

Of course, some chose to stay in the dorm.

Actually, Zoella also got some friends in the weaponry class but since she didn't know them that long she had no idea of the rooms they were in.

Zoella's gaze was fixated on the forest. This whole month she never went outside Academy. Therefore, she wanted to explore the forest.

'Should be fine, right?'

Zoella had decided. She would go exploring the forest.

She took her book and rushed out of her room.

"Oh.My.God."

A big grin formed on her face. Zoella's eyes lit up at the sight in front of her. The plants before her were the ingredients for potions.

"Calotropis, Erythrina, Imperata, and even Triphasia. Should I explore some more?"

Zoella continued to walk as she still observed the plants around her.

These plants are different from the ones in her world. That was why Zoella took an interest in them.

"There are also plants for poison and antidote. Wait, when did I get here?"

A large lake appeared before her eyes. Seems like she keeps on walking without paying attention to her surroundings.

"Oh, well."

Zoella shrugged her shoulders and decided to rest under a tree. She opened her thick book to find the potion-making chapter.

Her movements stopped when something suddenly hit her mind.

'Come to think of it, I've never seen these kinds of letters before, and yet I can read them. But the ancient text that I read was stenography letters. Just how...'

At first, she didn't think about it. But now that she noticed, it was really weird. Zoella stared at the lake with an empty mind.

The lake reminded her when of her last day in the modern world.

'Did I really die? Is there no way to go back? If I jump...'

Zoella blinked her eyes a few times and shook her head. It was a crazy thought. She could really die if she purposely drowns herself.

"I must've lost my mind for a second. Let's just read a book."

She flipped the pages until she found the chapter she wanted to read. The potion-making.

Zoella frowned when she read the title.

'Let's keep searching.'

She kept flipping the pages. As she reached the last chapter, Zoella found the subject that she was curious about. Poison and antidote making.

'Why the last chapter?'

Zoella marked the page with a piece of paper before flipping the pages back to the potion's making chapter and reading it.

Some time had passed and Zoella closed her book in satisfaction. She leaned her body against the tree as she sighed.

"The process doesn't seem too difficult. The problem is the tools. I don't have them."

Zoella naturally talked about the potion's making process. She could easily obtain the ingredients from the forest. However, she needed some tools too.

"Shall I ask my teacher?"

She was sure that Hayes wouldn't mind. Zoella wiped the sweat on her forehead and looked up to the sky.

"The summer's sun sure is hot. I can't believe the season had changed since I got here."

Rustle~

Zoella straightened her body as the sound of the bushes reached her ears.

A tall man with shoulder-length black hair and shined golden eyes appeared. His gaze was sharp and his face was beautiful. It was as if he came out of a painting.

His eyes swept over the lake before turning his head in Zoella's direction. As such, his golden orbs were locked with Zoella's violet eyes.

None of them were moving as their eyes still stared at each other.

At some point, Zoella looked away as her grip on her book got tighter. She didn't know why but she felt like crying when she looked at him.

"My apologies, Lady. I have no idea that someone would be here."

Zoella stood while looking at him. That guy still standing in the same place. However, he didn't look at her anymore as he lower his gaze.

No answer.

He squeezed his eyes thinking that Zoella must be afraid of him and ran away.

'It's the same reaction as others then why?'

He slowly raised his head and opened his eyes. To his surprise, Zoella stood right in front of him while smiling warmly. She looked straight at him in the eyes.

"There's no need to apologize. It's an open space so anyone is allowed to come here, right?"

"You didn't... run?"

Zoella was confused at the sudden question.

"No? Should I?"

The man's expression was odd. Zoella didn't know how to describe the expression on his face. She felt awkward because he kept staring at her.

Now that she looked at him properly, he looked like a knight with a sword and a well-built body. Not too brawny like her teacher in weapons class but still muscular.

"Did you come here to train?"

Zoella asked to reduce the awkwardness.

"Yes. I come here because usually there's no one so I can train peacefully."

'Uh-oh.'

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know. I somehow arrived here while observing the plants."

"It's alright."

Both Zoella and the man didn't say anything afterward. There's an awkward silence between them.

'Come on, my social skill! Show yourself! Oh, I know!'

"Ahem. Anyways, my name is Zoella Rae."

Zoella reached her hand out to him. It took a while before he finally took her hand and shake it.

"I am Ezekiel... Ezekiel."

Zoella's brows furrowed but she still smiled and let go of his hand. He seemed reluctant to reveal his last name.

'Oh well, if he doesn't feel comfortable then what can I do?'

She brushed it off just like that.

"Okay? Ezekiel. Uhm, are you a knight?"

"You can say that. And I assume you're a student considering you're bringing a book."

"I am. I'm a Magic department student."

"I see."

"You can start your training. I'm just going to sit over there and read my book."

Ezekiel nodded without answering. Zoella smiled for one last time before heading to the tree she was sitting under before.