Part 34

Tap tap tap~

The sound of Hayes tapping the armrest filled the teacher's office. There were only Hayes and Zoella in that room.

Hayes sat on his chair while glaring at Zoella. That poor girl was standing with her gaze avoiding Hayes's eyes.

Tap tap tap~

He kept tapping without saying a word. This situation made Zoella so nervous that she started to sweat.

"Sigh."

Hayes sat up straight resting his chin on his hands. His eyes were still on Zoella's.

"Zoe."

"Yes, teacher."

"Did you happen to know about the hole in the west side wall?"

Zoella gulped her saliva. It would be a lie if she said she didn't expect this. In fact, she was planning to get away by going straight to the dorm without Hayes knowing.

Unfortunately, her teacher was way smarter than her.

"Woah, this is news to me. Maybe someone punched that hole out of anger?"

Zoella answered in the most natural way she could and Hayes still hadn't taken his eyes off of her.

"And that someone is?"

Zoella kept her mouth shut with her eyes still averting his gaze.

"I knew it. Look, I'm proud of you that you are standing up for your friends. But you could at least do it cleanly, Zoe. You can't leave the evidence like that. You're lucky that I was fast enough to cover up. But..."

After those hours of scolding, Zoella went to her dorm looking tired.

It was the first time Hayes scolded her like this. He even told her something out of topic like how to destroy a body without any trace if she accidentally kills someone.

It's not like Zoella would do something like that.

When she arrived at the dorm, Lilian and Margaret had already waiting for her. They rushed out to her once Zoella's figure caught their eyes.

"Come here."

"Eh?"

Lilian and Margaret pulled her to Margaret's room. Inside the room, Zoella could see her clothes and some food on the table.

Margaret snatched Zoella's bag while Lilian gave her a towel and some clothes and then pushed her body to the bathroom.

"Gu-"

BRAKK!

The door closed right before her face.

Zoella didn't understand why her friends acted this way.

Sniff sniff...

The soothing scent of lavender caught her attention. Zoella turned to see the bathtub that was filled with her favorite lavender-scented soap.

"Those two really."

Zoella could kind of guess now the reason they acted like this.

Waiting for her to come, prepared the bath, clothes, and even food for her. All of that was because they felt bad that Zoella got scolded by Hayes.

Even though Zoella didn't say anything, her friends could guess from the moment Hayes called her with a slightly annoyed expression on his face.

Zoella smiled a little before finally accepting their kindness. She took off her clothes and dipped her body in the bathtub. Not to mention, the lavender scent really helped her charge her energy.