Part 26

'I'm beat.'

Zoella felt like her soul was separated from her body. Her friends nagged her for two hours straight after she explained the whole story.

Even though her friends already understand the situation Zoella was in, they couldn't help but felt a bit upset. And Zoella couldn't blame them because she knew that she would act the same.

Despite that, she was relieved that she no longer had to hide something from them.

Since they were her very first friends, they were somewhat more special to Zoella. Moreover, they have gotten really close for the past month which made her want to cherish them.

"He's not here yet."

Zoella mumbled when she saw nobody in her usual spot to meet Ezekiel.

After she escaped her friends' nagging, Zoella continued her practice and before she realized it, it was already time for her to meet him.

"Did you wait long?"

A low-pitched voice was heard from her back. Zoella turned around to see the figure she had been waiting for. Her smile appeared as soon as she saw his handsome face.

"I arrived just now. What happened to your arm?"

Her happy face turned to surprise when she saw blood dripping from his arm. Zoella quickly approached him while Ezekiel was flustered.

Zoella grab his arm gently as she observed the wound.

"It's just a scratch. I'm fine, Zoella."

Having heard that, Zoella frowned.

"Do you think I will believe that a wound this deep is just a scratch? Fine, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to. Now, sit down."

Zoella pulled Ezekiel so he sat comfortably on the ground. She rummaged through her bag and took out some bandages and cotton.

"It'll sting a bit."

"It's fine."

She cleaned his wound with wet cotton before carefully wrapping the bandages around his arm.

Ezekiel looked at Zoella's face closely. Their distance made his heart beat faster and his face felt a little hot.

"I think you will need some stitches but for now this will do. Don't move your arm too much."

Zoella looked up to him and they made eye contact. Zoella felt like she was about to drown in those golden eyes while Ezekiel felt like Zoella's violet eyes hypnotized him.

The two of them stayed like that for a while before Ezekiel averted his eyes.

Their faces became red after that short moment.

"You... really don't have to do this. I'm really-"

"Is it your habit? Always saying that you're fine."

Ezekiel fell silent for a moment before he answered.

"I'm... fine."

"I'll believe you this time. But you know if you're hurt just say it. If you're sad, tired, or mad, just say it."

"..."

"If you don't have anyone to listen then I'll listen to you. It's alright not to be fine. You're just a human after all."

Zoella smiled sincerely. She didn't know all the things this man had been through but she was sure that he had it hard.

For the past two weeks, Zoella knew a few things about Ezekiel. He had no interest in almost everything. She felt like Ezekiel lived only to work or practiced with his sword.