Part 83

Day after day went peacefully. No trouble came her way anymore since Zoella started her second year. Only one thing. Somehow, she felt uncomfortable whenever she made eye contact with Anthony Hart. But, Zoella brushed it off hoping it was nothing.

Her relationship with her classmates also getting better. Only some people, those who followed Blaire Edel and Blaire herself didn't show any intention of getting along.

And honestly, Zoella didn't mind. She actually preferred it that way.

"Zoella, it will be the first time for you to attend this banquet, right?"

Lucia, one of her classmates asked.

"Huh? Attending what?"

Zoella who previously drowned in her book straightened her posture to listen carefully. She didn't really listen to what her friends were talking about until just now.

"The founding day of our Empire. All of the nobles must attend it."

"Ahh, there's that thing."

Zoella nodded as she remembered that the event will be held in three days. She never paid attention to things like that so it slipped her mind.

"I heard for this event, Prince William will be conducting a hunting competition. It will be interesting to watch."

Jasper chimed in. His friendship with Zoella had gotten a lot better after he helped her with Oscar's incident.

"Wow, it will be fun! If that's true, I wonder who will receive the golden wreath crowns. Ahh, how romantic it'll be."

"Sorry, what was that?"

Seemed like Lucia couldn't hear Zoella's question since her mind wandered off somewhere with her eyes twinkling.

"It's like a tradition where the Crown Prince will bestow a golden wreath to the person who wins the competition. And then that man will choose a Lady to wear the other wreath and then he will give her a kiss on her hand."

"Kind of like turning into a King and a Queen for one night. And then they both will be granted a wish from the Prince."

Zoella's mouth formed the word 'O' as she carefully listened to her friends' explanation.

"Will you attend it, Zoe?"

Margaret asked. Zoella looked at her and rested her cheek on her palm.

"I should, right? It's an obligation after all."

After Zoella answered, she expected Margaret to start daydreaming again about how the love story would unfold in that event. Especially after they just heard the romantic tradition from their friends.

"I see."

'Eh?'

Contrary to her expectation, Margaret didn't do it. She even didn't say anything after that and quietly listened to the story of their friends.

The day went by with Zoella still confused about Margaret's behavior. She noticed that her friend became less lively lately. At first, Zoella thought maybe because Margaret was in a bad mood but she didn't know the reason. Still, she felt bad because she had no idea how to make Margaret feel better.

After all, Margaret was rarely in a bad mood, and even if she was, she would get better in no time.

So, Zoella was in confusion about what to do.

***

"Zoella, Sir Hayes asked us to meet him in his office."

Tyrael announced as soon as he caught Zoella's figure walking toward him.