Part 7

Shhhaaa~

The blue light never stopped surrounding Zoella's body. She had been training her mana control for a week now. Not only that, but she also started to train her body as well.

Just as Hayes said her body becomes lighter and her agility increases. Hence, her movements were quicker and more powerful than before.

"As I thought, that child is dangerous."

Harriet who also watched Zoella's training turned her head to her Brother. He was showing an odd expression. He looked relieved and on guard at the same time.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Mana control is the most difficult thing for a mage to train. The more mana you have, the more difficult it is. I myself was only able to take full control in a month. And Zoella, it has only been a week but look at her progress. It was amazing."

"But you have more mana than her, right?"

"Yes, but it's still incredible."

Although she didn't really know what it felt like, she somehow understood that Zoella was talented. Enough to get praise from her Brother.

Hayes has rarely complimented someone. Since he was a 5th-grade mage, he was the strongest one among his peers. Even stronger than his seniors.

He was a bit arrogant because of that. That was why there were many who didn't like him but they couldn't oppose him since he didn't tie down to any department.

"Now I'm grateful that you were the one who saved her."

Hayes didn't seem to hear his Sister's mumble. He was way too focused on observing his first-ever disciple.

"Just remember to give her time to rest."

"I know that."

Harriet went inside the house leaving Hayes who was still standing by the door.

He walked over to Zoella to stop her training.

"I think that's enough for today, Zoella. Get some rest."

The blue light that surrounded Zoella started to fade. Zoella opened her eyes and saw Hayes in front of her.

"You almost reach full control of your mana. And since I don't need to train you in martial arts, I think it's time. Come with me."

Zoella got up from the ground following her teacher to the warehouse.

Creak~

Hayes opened the old-looking door and walked inside. Zoella could see so many types of weapons. Swords, double-bladed weapons, whips, bows and arrows, spears, daggers, and axes. Zoella's eyes were fixated on a bow.

"Do you have any weapon in mind?"

"A bow."

"Here you go. I will also teach you basic swordsmanship just in case."

Zoella nodded as she received a bow, a wooden sword, and a real sword. Her mind was excited thinking she could use her magic on these weapons.

"You will need to learn various types of magic and get used to handling weapons before combining or making those with magic."

"No way!"

"Yes, way. So your schedule for next week is training your mana and martial arts, magic lesson, archery lesson, and lastly swordsmanship lesson."

Her eyes widened still couldn't believe what she just heard.

"You will learn more in the Academy. This is the bare minimum, you know? Trust me, you will thank me once you go to the Academy"

Zoella was speechless and her mouth was slightly opened. How could this teacher of hers suddenly hit her hard in the back like this? Hayes frowned at her reaction.

"Wait, do you think I will make you learn those in a day?"

She nodded her head weakly.

"What do you take me as? A demon? You will learn one lesson per day."

A relieved expression came across her face. A smile was formed as soon as she heard that.

"Well, it was your fault for not explaining it clearly, teacher."

Hayes rolled his eyes and took Zoella out of the warehouse.

And so Zoella's true training began.

On the first day, she didn't have any difficulties. In fact, she managed to take full control of her mana perfectly now.

On the second day, Hayes taught her some offensive magic, defensive magic, and how to make her body fly with mana.

Zoella was struggling with this one. Although she could gather her mana she still couldn't manage to land even a scratch on her target.

The offensives magic that her teacher taught was explosion magic, slashing, and withstanding her target. He also taught her to create a shield with her mana for defensive magic.

And Zoella managed to create a shield even though it didn't last long. And lastly, the most things she struggled with were flight magic.

She needed to cover up her body with mana and lift it. For now, she could cover her body up. She was still troubled to lift her body up.

Zoella insisted that she will continue to learn until she could do it. However, Hayes didn't want her to overwork herself. Hence, she needed to wait until next week to learn it again.

The next day was archery. Hayes made her hit the target from different distances over and over again. After she could perfectly master it, he changed the target to something that moved with different sizes.

It was difficult and annoying but Zoella feel challenged by this and she never backed up.

The next day, she was asked to bring the wooden sword. Hayes taught her the right poses and made her swing the sword the whole day.

"What's the point of this? I need a target!"

"Then you better work on that terrible pose of yours."

Zoella's eyes twitched. She never thought that sword art was this complicated.

"Ugh, I'd rather shoot those damn moving dolls. Give my bow back!"

Although she said that, she still swung her sword with more power than before to relieve her frustration.

"No need to rush. Just enjoy it. This teacher was glad that he knows his student has something she is terrible at."

He clearly enjoyed this. Hayes approached her and fixed her pose again.

"Let me tell you the key. Imagine there's a target in front of you. Aim for the neck."

Zoella frowned.

'Why did he suddenly tell her that?'

"Once you are used to it, I'll give you a target and teach you some techniques. And then we'll do some duel."

Her eyes lit at the word 'duel'. She didn't aware that her face brightened up. She started to swing her sword again with her teacher's advice.

'Aim for the neck.'

That was what she engraved in her heart and brain right now.

"She truly is unordinary."

Hayes mumbled. He just gave her a little clue but what she was doing right now was completely different from her first clumsy swing. Once again, he was grateful that he was the one who saved her.