Fifty-Six

Amelia sat in malfoy manor and looked to see Narcissa as she walked in. Amelia knew how hard it was for her to be without Ivy.

She knew just how much she missed her baby girl and how much that she wanted to be with her but she knew Narcissa had her somewhere safe. In protection.

Amelia looked to see narcissa as she walked in and smiled. "How is she?" Amelia asked. 

Narcissa looked to her and smiled. "She's okay. I know that you are safe. And I know you're worried. But I have my best people keeping her safe. And I promise you. I am not going to let anything bad happen to her" Narcissa said.

Amelia smiled. "I just hate it. I am her mother. And I should be there for her and I'm not. I feel like I have let her down," Amelia said.

Narcissa looked to her and smiled. "You haven't. You have done the most selfless thing that you can do as a mother. You have put her first and that's what she needs. She is safe because of you and I promise. No one can hurt her where she is. As no one will expect her to be there," Narcissa said.

Amelia looked to her mother and smiled hoping that she was right.

****

Amelia walked into the dinning room at Malfoy Manor. She frowned as she saw Maisie as she sat at the far side of it. "What are you doing here?"

"Your mother bright me here. Voldemort is after Draco. And we have to spend months apart," Maisie said as Amelia smiled.

She knew why. She knew that Draco had failed to kill Dumbledore. And she knew Snape had. And Amelia knew that it was something she'd never forgive him for. But she was grateful her brother didn't have to do it.

Amelia knew Draco and Narcissa were keeping Maisie here to keep her safe.

Amelia sat down at the tables with her best friend and took a hold of her hand and smiled. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you are going through this," Amelia said. 

Maisie smiled. "Don't be. It's not your fault," Maisie said.

"You're going to be okay you know that right?" Amelia told her.

"I don't know if I am. I'm pregnant Amelia. And I haven't been able to tell him. I'm going to have these baby before I can see him again. And it sucks," Maisie said.

Amelia looked to her and frowned. Realising the situation she was in.

****

Amelia sat in her room and looked to a photo of Ivy from when she was just born. Amelia felt her heart break. She hated how numb she felt. And how much she missed her little girl.

But with a war about it break out in full force, could she find a way to stay strong?

No matter how hard that everything was becoming between them.

And knowing Severus would soon be in her life once again soon enough.