Thirty-Five

Amelia had been keeping herself to herself. She didn't want to cause any trouble with anyone. She didn't think she could handle the arguments. Especially with the other houses.

When she woke that morning, she saw a note. From her mother. Amelia knew that her house elf must have delivered it.

My darling Amelia,
I hope this letter finds you well. I am going back to the House of Black for the foreseeable future. I will owl you with any updates of my location.

Stay safe my darling. Severus will help you should you need it.

All my love,
Mother x

Amelia sighed. She knew her mother didn't want to be at the manor alone. Not if she could help it.

***
Amelia walked down to breakfast. Draco was there. "Morning," she mumbled. Both Amelia and Draco hadn't been as close as they usually were. Draco was pushing her away.

Draco got up and walked off. Maisie came and sat down by her. "He's just struggling with some stuff right now. I promise. It's not your fault," she said.

"He's my brother though. He should be able to confide in me. About what he's going through," Amelia mumbled. She didn't want to cry. Not in front of anyone.

Maisie knew how much Amelia was struggling with everything. She knew all that happened last year had made her doubt herself. "It's all going to be okay. I promise," she said.

"Somehow I don't know anymore."

***
Amelia and Maisie walked to Defence Against the Dark Arts. Amelia was anxious as to how Snape would be during this lesson. She knew what he was like in potions.

Maisie smirked. "Anything happen between you two over the holidays?" She asked.

Amelia shrugged. "Slept together a couple of times. Didn't mean nothing," she said.

***
During the lesson, Amelia noticed how Snape kept glancing towards her. She tried to avoid his glances but knew sooner or later she would look into his eyes and melt.

Maisie saw and grinned. "Damn just take him to his quarters and do him," she said.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "I don't think so. I've told him that I don't want a relationship with him or with anyone. I just wanna make it to the end of this war without dying," she said.

***
Amelia went to find Draco. She saw him coming out of the Room of Requirement. Amelia smiled. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Leave me alone."

Amelia sighed. "Draco. Please. Don't push me away. I'm your sister and I care," she mumbled.

Draco rolled his eyes. He knew he couldn't talk to Amelia about what he was going through. He didn't want her to worry. He knew she would. "Don't try and appeal to my better side. It won't work."

Amelia felt the tears hit her as Draco walked off. Snape saw her and stood by her. "He doesn't mean it. He has some issues to deal with."

***
Amelia stood outside the Astronomy Tower. She heard what he said. "I have to kill Dumbledore or he will kill Amelia..."