Ten

Amelia wanted to go home. She didn't want to be in Hogwarts anymore. It was all getting too much for her. Snape was making her feel like crap.

When she woke that morning, she sighed. She didn't want to have a whole day of lessons where she would hear Snape's antagonistic ways.

She went downstairs to the common room. Draco was waiting for her. "Meli. Don't shut me out please. I'm here for you," He said.

That was all it took for Amelia to break down crying. She couldn't be strong anymore. She wanted her mum.

***
Narcissa had just eaten her breakfast when she got a note from Amelia's house elf. Narcissa took the note and dismissed the elf.

She opened the note and read it:

Mother,
No doubt you're wondering why I am using Amelia's elf. Well, my elf is currently making her a hot chocolate.
Amelia has become quite emotional. I've tried talking to her but she won't tell me what is wrong. As you are no doubt Amelia's go to person, I'm hoping you could come and talk to her. I am worried about her. She has never been this way before.

All my love,
Draco x
Narcissa didn't need to know anymore. Her daughter needed her and she was going to go to her. Her husband walked in. "Cissy?"

"Amelia needs me."

Lucius grabbed his cloak and wand. He looked at Narcissa. "I want to know what is going on with our daughter."

***
The two Malfoy's stepped through the floo in Dumbledore's office. "We wish to see our daughter," Lucius insisted.

"Of course."

Dumbledore sent for Amelia.

***
Amelia walked into the office. She saw her mother and ran into her arms. Amelia broke down crying. Lucius was shocked. He hadn't ever seen his daughter look so vulnerable. It broke his heart to see.

Lucius looked at Dumbledore. "What is the meaning of this? I send my children to get an education not to become emotional wrecks," he spat.

Narcissa sighed. She looked to her husband. "This isn't the time nor the place," she said. She turned her gaze to Dumbledore. "Our daughter will be returning to the manor with us. She will return this weekend."

***
Amelia went to the common room. Snape was there along with Draco and Maisie. "Amelia?"

"I'm going home for a few days. I need some time away from Hogwarts. Dumbledore has arranged to have my work sent to me. It's for the best. I need to be away from people who have damaged me," Amelia said. All the while she was looking at Snape.

Draco walked over and hugged his sister. "You'll be back when?"

"The weekend. Mother and father have decided it's best. I agree with them. I just came to get some stuff," Amelia said.

***
Maisie walked into the dormitory. "Is this cause of Snape?" She asked.

Amelia shrugged. "In part. I just... I feel emotionally tired."

Maisie hugged her best friend. But would Amelia ever return to Hogwarts?