Nineteen

Amelia had been trying to avoid her feelings for Snape. She knew she couldn't act on them for fear Voldemort would find out and hurt them both.

When she woke that morning, she realised that it was getting closer to the end of the school year. She knew she didn't want to go back to the manor knowing Voldemort would be there. Amelia didn't feel safe at her own home anymore. Not since Voldemort had hurt her.

Amelia went to meet with Maisie. She walked into the common room to see Snape was there. Amelia smiled slightly. "Good morning sir."

"Miss Malfoy. How are you?" Snape asked as he took off his outer robes.

Amelia smiled. "I'm doing quite well."

***
Maisie walked into the common room. She stopped when she saw Amelia and Snape. "Amelia, we have to go. Breakfast."

Amelia followed Maisie. Maisie smirked. "That looked cosy."

"No. He was just asking me how I was after the whole thing with Voldemort. He cares about us snakes," Amelia replied as she linked arms with Maisie.

Maisie nodded and grinned. "I think you and him will end up in bed soon," she said.

"No. I want to focus on myself for now. Remain single. No men to define me. And... after what Voldemort did, I don't feel comfortable having sex," she mumbled.

Maisie felt bad for her best friend. "I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to go through that."

"Voldemort wanted me to pay. He found out I had told you about what had happened. He warned me he would do it again if I told," Amelia said.

***
Snape couldn't get Amelia off his mind. He wanted to protect her and keep her safe. He knew she was still vulnerable from Voldemort's attack on her.

Snape stood in the potions lab. He looked up as the Gryffindors and Slytherins walked in. Ron Weasley was attempting to bad mouth Amelia. Snape wasn't going to have that. "50 points from Gryffindor for bullying another student," he said.

The Gryffindors all glared at Ron. Amelia walked in. She sat between Draco and Maisie. Ron was still talking. Amelia rolled her eyes. She cast a silent curse.

***
After the potions lesson, Amelia left with Maisie. Amelia paled when she saw her father. She paled. "What do you want?" She asked.

"I'm not here to see you. I want to see your brother but now, I will come and find you later," Lucius said.

Amelia scoffed. "Not likely."

Before Lucius could respond, Amelia walked off. Maisie followed. "Wow. What happened there?" She asked.

Amelia looked at her best friend. "He didn't help me. He just let Voldemort do that to me. He didn't even try to help me or tell him to stop. He thought I deserved the punishment," Amelia said.

Maisie was shocked. She pulled Amelia into a hug. "I promise you Meli. We're going to survive this."

Amelia smiled slightly. She knew if she had her friends and her family, she would make it through the hard times. But, for how long could she deny her feelings for Snape?