Thirty-Two

Snake grabbed Amelia and pulled her into his quarters. She frowned. "What is all this about?" She asked as she sat on the sofa.

"The dark lord. He has plans to make you his wife and for you to give him an heir," Snape said as he saw the look of fear on her face.

Amelia stood and went to walk off. Snape grabbed her to stop her leaving. He sighed. "I won't allow this to happen. You should trust me."

"No offence. I don't trust anyone anymore. Not after what I've been through," Amelia mumbled.

***
Snape paced his quarters. He wasn't going to allow Amelia to marry the dark lord. Not when he knew it would result in her death.

Snape had an idea. But he knew it wouldn't go down too well with Narcissa Malfoy. She was fiercely protective of her only daughter and Snape didn't blame her one bit.

***
Amelia didn't know what to think. She was terrified. She knew if she ran again, there was a chance the dark lord would kill her. She couldn't have that. Not when she was finally beginning to feel free.

Amelia went to Dumbledore. She knew what she needed to do. She needed to join the order.

***
Snape stood in shock as he saw Amelia in front of Dumbledore begging to join the Order of the Phoenix. He didn't think it would happen. "Albus, perhaps we should consider this. Miss Malfoy has stated she no longer wishes to be associated with the dark lord."

Dumbledore nodded. "We will keep you safe. But for now, you must act like you are loyal to Tom Riddle."

"I can do that Professor. Thank you," Amelia said as she stood up to leave.

***
Snape caught up to Amelia. "That was a very brave decision. You do realise, should the dark lord discover where your loyalties lie, he won't hesitate to kill you."

"I know. But this way, I have a chance to survive this. I have to think of myself for a change. Yes, I can act like the ice queen of Slytherin. I can be a bitch to everyone," Amelia said. She was looking forward to becoming the Slytherin ice queen again.

Snape smirked and nodded. "Very well. Should you have any trouble, come to me," he told her.

***
Maisie and Draco looked up as Amelia walked in. She moved the first years out of her way with just a glare. Draco smirked. "She's back."

"What?"

"Amelia. She's back. Look how she moved those first years out of the way. Something has ticked within her and she's not letting what Voldemort did to her, mess with her life anymore," Draco said.

Maisie nodded. She knew it was something more than that. She wanted to know what it was.

***
Maisie found Amelia in their dorm room. Amelia looked up and smiled. "Hey."

Maisie sat on her bed. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

Amelia nodded and smirked. "All anyone needs to know is that Amelia Malfoy is back. And no one is going to mess me about anymore."