Twelve

Amelia was returning to Hogwarts. She didn't really want to but she knew she had to. Maisie had been writing to her via house elf. Amelia was glad to have a best friend who cared for her.

When Amelia woke up, she sighed. Narcissa walked in. "How are you feeling dear?" She asked.

Amelia shrugged. "I don't really want to go but I know I have to," she replied.

Narcissa sighed and sat on the edge of her bed.  "Amelia, I would keep you here for longer if I could. But your father, he's adamant that you return today."

Amelia nodded. "I know. I understand," she mumbled.

***
Draco was waiting in Dumbledore's office for his sister. He had missed her so much but wouldn't admit it to her. He couldn't wait to see her.

Soon enough, the floo lit up and Amelia came out followed by Lucius and Narcissa. Narcissa smiled at her son. "Hello Draco."

"Mother. Father. I hope you're well," Draco said remembering his manners instantly.

Lucius nodded. "Please escort Amelia to the common room and see to it that she is settled," he instructed his son.

"Yes father."

***
When Draco had Amelia in the dungeons, he looked at her. "I've missed you."

"Missed you too Drake. I just had to get away for a bit. Too much had happened and I couldn't handle it," Amelia said as she hugged her brother.

Draco smiled. Amelia was the only one who truly understood him and his emotions. He loved his sister.

***
Lucius and Narcissa sat in Dumbledore's office. Dumbledore smiled. "I trust the young Miss Malfoy is feeling back to normal after her short break."

Narcissa stayed quiet. Lucius however didn't. "Our daughter was quite distraught. I do not wish to see her like that again. If it does happen again, I shall be removing her from this school," he said.

Dumbledore nodded. "If we were to know the cause of Amelia's upset, then we could help her."

This time, Narcissa spoke. "I'm afraid we ourselves don't know the cause of Amelia's upset. She wouldn't talk. However, when she was at the manor, she was returning to herself."

***
Maisie was thrilled to have her best friend back. She and Amelia were sitting in the armchairs by the fire. Amelia smiled. "How's potions class been?"

Maisie grinned. "Snape hasn't actually picked on Longbottom for a bit. I think he finally got laid," she said.

Amelia stayed quiet. She looked at Maisie. "A couple days ago, I came to Hogwarts to speak with him about why I was passing potions. Then... the mudblood walked in."

Maisie was shocked. "Wow. Hermione had sex with Snape."

Amelia nodded. "I think he was trying to make me jealous. It isn't working," she said.

***
Severus walked into the common room. He saw Amelia. He knew she would have been coming back. He just didn't want to see her.

Amelia looked up and sighed. She needed to try and keep away from him. It wouldn't be easy. She was falling in love with him.