Thirty-One

Previously;
Suddenly, they heard a cackle. Amelia turned to see Bellatrix. She saw her wand raised and a spell came out of her mouth. "Avada Kedarva!"

The spell was heading towards Maisie. Amelia shoved her best friend out of the way. Just as the spell hit..."
Now;

Amelia braced herself for the spell when she felt a protection. She turned to see Snape. She couldn't believe he had done that. "Bella, go home. This isn't the time nor the place and Amelia is your niece," Snape said.

Bellatrix disapparated. Snape helped Amelia and Maisie up. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Both girls nodded. Snape went to help the other students that had been hurt. Amelia couldn't believe what had happened. "This isn't right. Too many people have been hurt," she mumbled.

Maisie held her best friend close. There were injured students all over. Amelia walked over to Snape. "They shouldn't have been able to get through the protection barriers. How did they manage it?" She asked.

Snape stayed quiet. He knew exactly how they had managed it. He just didn't want to tell Amelia that. She didn't know that he wasn't a death eater. That he was a spy.

***
Amelia had been sent to the hospital wing to check for injuries. She kept on insisting that she was fine. She didn't need the fuss. Madam Pomfrey walked over. "Have you been experiencing any abdominal pains?" She asked.

Amelia shook her head. "No. I've been fine. No pains or nothing," she said. She sighed.

"Okay. That's good."

***
Maisie walked over to Amelia. "Why did she need to check you over? And why was she asking about abdominal pains?" She asked.

Amelia smiled. "It doesn't matter. I'm fine. It's fine. No need to worry," she replied. She knew Maisie wouldn't give up trying to find out what had happened.

***
Everything had been sorted. Amelia walked to the common room. Snape stepped out in front of her. He took her into one of the alcoves. "What?"

Snape sighed. "You need to be careful. The dark lord is watching you. You cannot fraternise with Gryffindor students," he said.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "I have news for you and Voldemort. I am not part of his army. I am not a part in his messed up game to rid the world of anyone impure. I am my own person. I talk with whom I want to talk to. With whom I choose," she spat.

Amelia went to walk off when Snape grabbed her. "You forget that aside from Potter, you are the next on the Dark Lords list. He is waiting for an excuse to kill you."

***
Snape had been called to a meeting. He bowed before Voldemort. He sat down. Voldemort smirked. "I have come to realise that I am in need of an heir. A child to carry on my legacy," he began. He looked at his followers. "I have decided that Amelia Malfoy will be the one to carry my heir."

Snape paled. Not that it was noticeable. He wasn't going to let that happen. Not while he was still living and breathing.