Eighteen

Amelia had been back at Hogwarts for a few days. She was struggling with it. She woke each night with nightmares. She needed to get away from Hogwarts. From Malfoy Manor. She knew where she could go but she would need to ward it off from her family.

When morning came, Amelia found herself in the library. She needed to learn protective charms. She couldn't risk anyone finding her.

Eventually she came across some. She she scribbled down the spell and quickly left for breakfast. She didn't want to make anyone suspicious.

***
Maisie and Draco looked up as Amelia walked in. She sat between them. "Morning."

Amelia smiled slightly. She took some toast and sighed. "What classes do we have today?" She asked.

"Potions, Transfiguration, Charms and Defence Against The Dark Arts. Actually double potions," Maisie said as she handed Amelia a drink.

Amelia nodded. She knew she would need to brace herself for Snape's class. She was terrified for it as it was her first day back in lessons.

Draco could tell his sister was worried. He took her hand. "Look, I know you're worried. But no one will say anything to you. I promise," he said. He knew all the Slytherin's would look out for Amelia.

***
Amelia found herself standing outside the potions lab. She heard a snigger. "Well look who's back. Shame the dark lord didn't do us all a favour and finish you off."

Amelia turned to see Ron. She looked at him. "Why would he? After all, even though he tortured me and violated me, I'm still a pureblood and worthy," she spat.

Ron scoffed. "No. You're scummy. Your whole family is scummy. You should have been killed. You should have been violated so badly that you ended up in St Mungo's."

Amelia felt the tears hit her eyes. She turned away. Ron didn't stop there though. "Oh look. She's crying. Probably crying because I'm right. You're unworthy of love. You're unworthy of being here. You and your family are scum and the sooner you're all dead the better," he said.

Amelia was about to retaliate when she saw Snape standing behind Ron. "That is three months of detention you have just bought yourself Weasley."

Ron rolled his eyes. "Trust you to stick up for the Slytherin slut. Wouldn't surprise me if she let you between her legs," he said.

Snake grabbed Ron by the collar. He dragged him off to McGonagall. Amelia was shocked he was defending her.

***
Amelia walked to Snape's quarters. She needed to know why he defended her against Ron. She knocked the door and waited. He answered a few moments later. "Miss Malfoy. What can I do for you?"

Amelia smiled slightly. "I need to know. Why did you defend me against Ron Weasley? Not that I'm ungrateful, I'm just confused," she said.

Snake looked at her. "Because despite my behaviour, you are one of my Snakes and I won't allow anyone to talk bad of them. Especially after what the dark lord put you through."

Amelia smiled slightly. She knew she was beginning to develop feelings for Snape. But could she act on them?