CHAPTER 33

Raindrops splashed on the tablecloth with elegant embroidery. The heavy cello melody sowing from a music recorder.

Marilyn stared at the garden with her legs crossed as it continues to rain.

'If mother had seen it, she would have nagged me about the duty of a lady.'

Placing down the hot cup of tea, Marilyn called an attendant waiting nearby.

"Who dressed Sir Canillian?"

"The servant from their house helped."

"Then what about you?"

"The Lord was uncomfortable about it, so everyone came out."

"Really?"

The attendant noticed Marilyn's mood, and they look at each other.

Marilyn recalled what happened a while ago, unable to shake off her dull feeling.

The moment Canillian Vale appeared in a dress in the garden, she felt that something was wrong.

No matter how she looked at it, Canillian dressed as a woman doesn't feel like a man. The body has soft curves that's only prominent in women, as well as the clear and large eyes. Even the voice was beautiful, although Canillian hadn't reached puberty yet.

Marilyn suddenly felt unpleasant as she ponders on Canillian's appearance.

"I can't believe I'm getting jealous of that man."

She contemplates on her disturbing thoughts. To tie Duke Claude and Canillian Vale together was a big disrespect for the both of them.

Although Canillian's origin is unclear, the Marquis' bloodline is unmistakable.

Moreover, Claude will be the next Grand Duke of the Great Ihar family.

'What delusion am I making between those two? Also, no matter how beautiful Sir Canillian looks, isn't he a man?'

Marilyn stare at the seat where Canillian was sitting, then rolled her eyes. All of
a sudden, she laughed at how pathetic she was.

'I've never been discouraged before even in front of Rosie and the Empress, who are the most beautiful in the Empire. And now I felt a sense of defeat from a mere man.'

"Call the tailor. As Lord Canillian requested, avoid a modest dress. And next time, don't leave the room until you've dressed him up, understood? He's a precious person, so you have to take care of him."

"Yes, My Lady."

Marilyn turned and looked up at the watch. It's time to go to the library. It would be nice if the culprit will be arrested at once, but the possibility of that was slim.

She struggled to keep a smile, teasing her impatience.

A man is often seduced by beautiful things, but he is inferior. Indulgence and
lust are words that didn't suit the Lord of the North.

Marilyn stood up, leaving the tea that had cooled down. As she walks through a
long gallery full of precious portraits, relaxation gradually came to her. She stood in front of a window where she could see the outside.

In the distance, she can see a carriage with Marquis Vale's attendant inside.

'Was it Pipi?'

"You said that the one in charge of dressing up Sir Canillian alone was his servant, right?"

"Yes."

"Such talent. I'll have to give my praise the next time we meet."

Only after the carriage completely left the main gate did Marilyn take a step
and came to a stop.

There are a lot of things to prepare as the long rainy season begins. Time to
change everything she have into something new.

"Anna, I heard that there's a new dressing room. Call the tailor. Should I prepare
for the rainy season now?"