CHAPTER 77

Anastasia's hands were trembling after she
received a call from the chief of the police. She put the phone down so hard that a wooden decoration fell off from it.

'An anarchist named Sharon was shot dead by the Grand Duke. The diamonds were found in there. I think, as long as the Grand Duke is a witness for Lord Canillian, it would be better to close the case as it is. If the authority found out that what you did is a perjury, you'll be in great disgrace.'

Anastasia took a step back and sat on a chair, she then closed her eyes.

Disgrace?

When she thought of the Commissioner that dared to say the
word 'disgrace', it made her clenched her jaw.

'Besides, the Grand Duke testified?'

"And... For the sake of that child?"

'The Grand Duke trampled the honor of the nobility and the prestige of the Grand Duke title. It is obvious how the other nobles will accept the fact that the Grand Duke spent the night with Canillian, who is now an adult.'

'Maybe it's the Ihar who'll be humiliated, not me.'

A satisfied smile was drawn to her face as the reason came to mind.

Anastasia thought that if Kieran gets a new position after marrying the Princess, he would be the Grand Duke.

Once that happens, the Duke Ihar, who is known as the highest among the nobles, will be placed under the Vale family.

However, the war against the barbarians from Gaior raised the honor of the Ihar family.

Suppressing her impatience, Anastasia stared at the family portrait in front of her and thought about her parents. In order to become a noble, she got married to the Vale family and poured all of their fortune into making the current Marquis.

And so, the 50% that made the current Gillard Vale is her, Anastasia Vale.

"Dornan."

Dornan was standing in the corner and came out into the light when Anastasia called him.

"Yes, Madam."

"They found the diamonds. That's also where one of the anarchist got
killed."

"What should I do?"

Anastasia tapped a letter on the side table.

It was the official visit request for Ian Sergio, arriving from Gaior 3 years after the war.

After the death of Reuwan Sergio, the throne was inherited and Ian also gained a title.

Unlike the royal seal of Gaior, the red seal of Grand Duke Sergio tears off at Anastasia's fingertips.

"Let's have a banquet. To apologize for making such a commotion. It should be magnificent and clamorous."

***

It only took a day for the rumor to spread.

The first one is that Sharon, the owner of the known boutique, was shot by the Grand Duke and identified as one of the anarchist. And the other one was that Canillian Vale and Grand Duke Claude del Ihar were in some kind of relationship.

Claude pondered about the name of the media company that used the term "sodomy". Then he picked out the newspapers with their names and threw it into the fireplace.

The maid, who found the diamond that got stuck in the groove of the wooden floor, prayed and begged until her head touched the ground.

She said that it all happened because of her greed.