CHAPTER 83

Lady Canillia.

Hearing those two words tickled Lia's stomach.

"Thank you, Grand Duke."

Canillia bowed, slightly bending her knees to give courtesy, and approached their table with her arms linked to Claude.

A light of astonishment blooms on the faces of the nobles, it deepens as the beautiful lady walks closer.

The most surprised of them all was Anastasia.

Canillia walked towards the Marchioness, who doesn't even realized that she had dropped her wine glass and was just standing still with her gaze fixed to Canillia.

"My apologies for being late, Mother."

'Was it because of how digniIed she greets?'

Anastasia unconsciously mutters a profanity.

Few of the guests near her all doubted what they've heard.

The Marchioness was able to compose herself only after a servant had cleared all the broken glass pieces.

"Canillian... You're teasing me. I really thought you became a woman for a moment. I thought I had a daughter, do you know how surprised I was?"

Anastasia smiled brightly and give Canillia a hug. Claude smirked as if he can't believe what he's witnessing, and Wade's hands were shaking as he tried to hold back his laugh.

"Come on, Mother. Are you still going to... lie, even now?"

Canillia tried her best not to get caught of how nervous she is.

She must compose her posture and make an elegant expression as much as possible, like what Rosina and Pipi told her to do. Her lips shouldn't move too much, so that the other person would listen to her. That's going to help her not to get noticed.

"Don't fool me. How presumptuous of you."

Anastasia whispered, hugging Canillia even tighter.

Wade cleared his throat when the hug is taking too long between the two, he doesn't even know if it's still as mother-and-daughter.

"So the rumors are true, Madam."

That was when Canillia was able to escape from Anastasia's embrace.

"Rumor? Your Highness, my son must be so resentful of me. No matter how beautiful he is, Canillian is not a woman."

Anastasia was still smiling while covering her mouth, her eyes were gracefully bent but its giving an uncanny feeling.

Wade smiled back and raised his glass that made Anastasia to sit down.

Claude wrapped his arm around Lia's stiff waist, expressing such affection. As they return to their seats together, Ian has been waiting and kissed the back of Canillia's hand.

"Lady Canillia, it's nice to see you like this."

"Greetings, Grand Duke Sergio."

The nobles were now on the verge of fainting to what is happening. Furthermore, those who have actively been spreading rumors about Canillia and Claude didn't even realized that wine has been spilling from their mouths at the unimaginable turn of events.

Canillian Vale from Louver. It is surprising that an illegitimate child, called as the shame of the Marquis, was a woman. But what's even more surprising is that Canillia could be worthy among the great nobles.

It wasn't just that. Canillia appears as though she was the master of the place. That the entirety of the greenhouse seemed to have been decorated for Canillia.