CHAPTER 40

Even with little movement, the muscles all over her body ache.

'I didn't know I would actually experience how delicate human muscles are
just as I studied with Theodore.'

Pipi, who entered the room and soaked the towel in the hot water, screamed as she saw Lia's skin with bruises.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Lia was startled by the scream and dropped the clothes in her hands.

"Pipi, please. I thought my heart was going to drop."

She didn't even have the energy to pick up the clothes that had fallen, and
just lay on the bed. The tension was gone, so her body is relaxed now.

Pipi approached Lia and wiped off the dust and blood from her body with the hot towel. Whenever the towel touched, she got teary and grabbed the sheet, but Pipi was the one who cried instead of her.

"What's this? It's bruised and bleeding, I can't even show it to the doctor! What am I supposed to do if something goes wrong, Young Master?"

It was just a bruise, but full of worries. Lia smiled even in the midst of pain, remembering how Betty would scold her like that.

"It's just a bruise. It doesn't hurt enough for me to die."

"I made a promise with the head maid. If you get even a scar on your
body...!"

"It's alright, Betty isn't here. And I do this on my own."

Lia tried to comfort the maid with a smile, but Pipi couldn't stop from crying.

Looking at the mirror, she could fully understand why Pipi was crying.

However, she look at it, terrible blood bruises dyed her whole body red. This is the result of being thrown, and falling. In addition, her exceptionally white skin also contributes to making the bruise marks stands out.

"Ah, Pipi!"

Lia screamed at the touch near her ribs.

"Oh, does it hurt?"

"Yes, it hurts. Ha... It really hurts."

Panicked, Pipi moves and look for a new towel. The closed door opened halfway, and she saw a man's shoes.

"I see."

Claude glanced down at Pipi, who has teary eyes, and came straight to the
bed. Surprised, Lia pulled the sheet more forcefully.

"How..."

"I was waiting outside, and I could hear the screams and cries alternately. People would think your maid is the one who's injured."

He sat in the seat where Pipi was a while ago, and carefully pressed around her deeply bruised ribs.

"Ugh... Don't do that."

"I'm trying to look at it. If you break a bone, you need to call a doctor right
away."

"The doctor..."

"I know. I don't like it."

Lia bit her lips and held back her groan. The area around the bruise had turned white because it wasn't enough to be swollen.

Claude gently pressed the bruise with his palm.

"Is it hard to breathe?"

"It's not to that extent, but it's a little... stuffy."

"Does is hurt?"

"It hurts... It hurts so bad."

She doesn't want to look weak, but she couldn't lie from the pain.