CHAPTER 61

The party that left with the Prince has now returned. It was the carriage carrying Marquis Kieran.

However, both the carriage and horses belong to the Duke.

As she rushed out of the chapel, Rosina wept as she meets the people she missed.

The carriage was then surrounded by the servants that followed Rosina, Kieran opens the door and gets off.

With an exhausted look on her face, Rosina hugged Kieran, and then hugged Canillian who came after him.

"It's been a long journey, you must've had a hard time, my Lords."

Rosina can't believe that this lovely kid, whom like a younger brother to her, would harass someone.

Even if other's looked at Canillian, they wouldn't believe it either.

Canillian blushed, perhaps because she was embarrassed from the Princess' hospitality.

"Isn't this Eli of Duke Maximilian?"

Rosina approached the horse that was standing in a remarkably confident posture.

The horse recognized the Princess and cleverly brought its head closer to her. It was a sign of familiarity.

"The Duke asked for protection. To Canillian."

"To Lord Canillian?"

"Yes."

Rosina somehow knew the answer without even seeing the letters they've brought.

The horse, named Eli, was a famous horse that received a title. If such a precious horse is entrusted to Canillian, then it means that the Duke is giving his boundless trust and affection.

"Sure, come on in. Lady Marilyn has already come and is waiting."

***

Entering the palace of Princess Rosina, Lia saw Marilyn sitting on a red velvet chair and looking at her.

The splendor remains the same, but Marilyn, who looks somewhat haggard, rose up from her seat.

"I've been waiting."

There was no tension that can be seen in Marilyn's face. Rosina sat nearby,
looking down at Marilyn.

'By any chance, is it because of Marilyn Selby that you sent the letter to the
North?' Rosina thought.

In a tensed atmosphere, Kieran took out the letter from his pocket and placed it on the table.

Rosina could see that it was the Duke's answer to what she had asked.

"Marilyn Selby, you appealed to me last time for being shamed and injustice as a woman. Is that right?"

"Yes. Lord Canillian molested me. It is a fact without any lies, and the Lord acknowledged it. The witnesses at the time were my maid and Duke Claude."

Rosina nodded. Canillia felt uncomfortable and tried to move.

However, Kieran firmly grabbed Lia's arm. It was an unspoken message for her not to move.

Lia control herself and stared at the letter in Rosina's hand. She now understands Claude's fierce reaction when he was reading the letter.

"Did I... harass the Lady?"

Marilyn puts her chest out in confidence with a scoff when she sees Lia
turning red from anger and resentment.

"You definitely did. He also apologized to me. Said that it was an impulse.
But I never forgave you. Lord Canillian, are you really going to deny it?"