CHAPTER 56

It was neither hot nor cold, but Lia felt sweat seeping out of her palms.

Angel came to her house early in the morning, she informed Lia of the time to meet with the Marquis' wife and left afterwards.

It was a sudden call.

Somehow, she already knew the reason. It's probably because of what she had said to Marquis Gillard a few days ago.

That she wants to live as a woman now.

Exactly 30 minutes after the appointment, the door of the townhouse opened and the Marquis' wife's carriage stopped in front of Lia.

The escort coachman following Anastasia like a shadow was the one who opened the door.

"Get in."

The blunt man stepped aside so that Lia could get on the carriage.

Sitting inside was Anastasia, who turned her head a bit and looked at Lia.

What kind of hysteria is she planning to do today?

"Greetings, Mother."

"Canillian."

Lia sat opposite to Anastasia and looked out the window.

Then a large knight sat next to her as if to block the entrance.

The capital was busy preparing to escort war supplies. Social gatherings naturally decreased, and attire of the ladies changed into a more modest look like the ones from the monastery.

"I think you grew taller."

"Huh? Ah, yes. Just a bit."

"Your hair also grew a lot... I'll send the hairdresser at home."

"Yes."

She made sure that her responses are as short as possible and avoided to make eye contact.

She was curious about where they're going, but she thought that the Marchioness wouldn't tell her even if she asked.

Lia naturally moved her gaze. The brooch under the Marchioness' collar was engraved with an emblem of the Marquis Vale.

Looking closely at the
two beasts with sapphire for the eyes that entangled together, she thought that the Duke's emblem was quite romantic.

'Should I tell brother first?'

That day, the brooch Claude had left was still in her drawer.

Not knowing when he would come and retrieve it, she would open the window and looked out whenever she would hear a sign, making Pipi unable to sleep at night.

Pipi would joke that she thought her heart was falling off every time Lia will open the window, and that she should install a net.

Lia was fiddling with her lips and flushed with a smile, then realized that they had entered a familiar road.

Her face stiffens as she looks out of the curtain a little.

The place there at was Louver.

The vagrants who noticed a noble carriage got up one after another. The
speed of the carriage slowed down accordingly.

"Do you know where this place is?"

Anastasia's voice was plain when she asked the question.

"I know."

"Right... There's no way you can't remember."

The escort coachman got off and opened the door. Lia noticed that he was
waiting for her to get off.