CHAPTER 75

From early in the morning, Rosina has been quite busy taking care of the political affairs. After the Prince's departure three years ago, she started to take charge of the state affairs such as taxes, laws, and diplomacy.

Rosina was better at politics than any other Princess in the history of the Empire.

With her moderate kindness, she gained the heart of the public, and made the nobles bow to their knees with her sharp charisma.

In the eyes of the public, the Princess was also called the "Iron Flower".

In addition, nobles had tried to win Rosina's attention.

Saying that if the Prince won't be able to come back from the war, then she might become the next Empress.

Perhaps that's the reason why Rosina had an exceptional numbers of documents in front of her and wasn't happy with the Grand Duke Claude's sudden visit in her busiest time.

She felt like she have been deprived of the privilege of looking after Canillia.

Claude was a cheeky cousin to her, he had not seen even a strand of
Rosina's hair since they've returned.

"What's the matter, Grand Duke? The man who refused to attend the
Imperial banquet."

Claude sat on the sofa as he glanced around the dryly decorated office in
response to Rosina's question.

"I need the records from the past three years. I'm asking for your help,
Princess."

Rosina's eyes widened at what Claude had said, not even greeting her.

The way Rosina puts down the feathered fountain pen was quite terrifying.

"Why do you need those 3 years of records?"

"I heard that you have a record of Canillia. Am I wrong?"

"Canillia?"

"Her history of communication in Louver. And... why does she still have to
guise as a man for three years."

It was too straightforward.

Rosina knew right away that Claude wasn't in a
good mood. So she approached the sofa where he was sitting.

As Rosina sits opposite to him, a waiting servant brings out a tea. Rosina was the only one drinking the tea. After Maximilian was poisoned, it became a taboo to bring a tea in front of Claude.

"Actually... I have some of Canillia's letters that she's been sending to Louver."

"Letters?"

"She was sending letters to her mother in Louver for the past three years.
The contents are mostly about asking her mother's well-being."

Rosina took out a small box that was hidden under the sofa. When she
opened the locked box with a key, a great number of letters came out.

Claude chuckled when he saw it.

"You've done such a nasty thing, Princess."

"It's a matter of course. Because there was no Duchess that came from Louver. Are you going to make her the Duchess now?"

Rosina spoke quietly and took out one of the letters, then hands it over to Claude.

It was a letter that contains a strange nuance, and it made her thought of many things.

[What do those who embroider the shadow of glory really want? Today, I saw a play at the Imperial Theater. It was a place where I had to wear a mask, but when I saw some unfamiliar masks, I got scared even though they were people that I know of. I hope everyone is all right. The people that I love, all of them.]