CHAPTER 74

Claude's voice contained an indescribable depth.

Lia felt like she was waiting for her hand to be grabbed.

"It's just a misunderstanding... You don't have to help me."

"Do you think you can resolve that misunderstanding?"

"That's..."

"The Marchioness is not claiming that you stole the diamond. She believes that you instigated the anarchists. Do you know what it means to have nobles get involved with the anarchists?"

Treason.

She couldn't spit out that one word, as if it was a thorn in her mouth.

They
were trying to attract her and turned Lia into a traitor.

Anastasia had named Lia as the culprit. And the bouquet of Jasmine flowers
that was delivered hid the case behind it.

Clenching her hand, she looked directly at Claude's eyes.

"If... I'm really involved with them..."

There was a stir in Claude's eyes, who remained quiet. After washing his face dry and sweeping his hair, Claude stood up and walked towards her.

"I'm going to have to make sure that you won't get involved any further."

The terrifyingly subdued voice was even more chilling because it was calm
and friendly.

"That's impossible."

"Because you left your family in Louver?"

Lia tried to avoid his gaze and pressed down her chest in surprise.

Pipi hurriedly left the room after picking up all the fragments of the broken vase and put them in a container.

What's left in the room was the diamonds scattered on the floor and the two.

"Is your family part of the anarchists?"

"No!"

Lia shook her head vigorously. However, she couldn't be sure about it.

He went pass her to where the diamonds had scattered.

Claude called Pipi back and ordered to pick up everything, then he heads toward the stairs to the second floor. It was a calm and casual attitude.

"Is your room still on the second floor?"

Lia was watching him in bewilderment and followed behind, Claude just stood at the top of the stairs and smiled.

She ran up the stairs, and the moment she got on top, her waist was quickly wrapped in his arms.

"Oh!"

"Shh."

In an instant, their kiss began.

To where Pipi's eyes won't reach them.

Claude swallowed her lips and touched her soft flesh with his arms that's wrapped around her waist. Lia tightly closed her eyes and took a step back.

Was the hallway this long?

As soon as she walks backward, he follows right away. She was excited, and also anxious that a servant might come out.

The jelly-like lips were crushed
and pulled, she got chills at the sound of their wet tongues intertwined.

Indulgingly biting and sucking her lips, Claude reaches out his hand to the wall.

With a thud, Lia's back then touched the wall.